Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What should i do? Warranty issues!

kause

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Executive
Hey guys

The situation is, i got a vz exec off a dealership with 3 months warranty and it runs out 1st of next month. I have told my mechanic and a few other mates that the car is splurging at times and its really worrying me. I posted a thread about this labelled: oxygen sensor info. Because my mate said it could be that. BUT my mechanic has said it needs new coils, plugs and leads. So, i rang the dealer and what'ya know... He says he wont pay for it.

Do i take action and threaten with dept of fair trading? Do i need evidence that they need replacing? Do i need to look into my warranties terms and conditions or is this type of thing always included?!

Lol as you can tell i dont know much about this sort of stuff please help!
Cheers

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
First step is to read what statutory warranties apply to used cars in your state and then the warranty fine print from the vendor. There are only very limited circumstances where statutory warranties can be waived.

Reaper

kause

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Executive
Ok i will ask for a copy of it tomoro n look into it. Thanks reaper, quick reply. Something needs to be done man and fast ya no? Its driving me nuts

vex

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx s2
Hey man, I've just had the same issue with a dealer. Make sure they have a record of your complaint on file, go speak to someone else about what's wrong with your car and give them some coin to call up your dealership, they listen to mechanics. If this fails they generally back down as soon as ombudsmen are brought up. Best of luck man.

kause

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Executive
Hey man, I've just had the same issue with a dealer. Make sure they have a record of your complaint on file, go speak to someone else about what's wrong with your car and give them some coin to call up your dealership, they listen to mechanics. If this fails they generally back down as soon as ombudsmen are brought up. Best of luck man.

Great idea! Will try and figure that out tomoro! Thanks mate appreciate it

D-Renzow

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL Caprice & VQ Stato
had similar thin when I got the caprice, front struts wern't to good either were the front brakes (new pads, but discs needed to be machined badly) really couldn't be stuffed dealing with the idiots so just did the brakes myself with better new discs and better pads, old discs were heat craked on the back of them :/ still gotta do the struts tho waiting till next week then will handle way better :)