Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What Steel Braided Brake Lines to Buy?

Jake Wilson

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sedan
Hello,

I was hoping to receive some advice on what product you have that would suit my needs

I want to add braided steel brake lines to my Series 1 2015 VF SS Commodore Sedan, at the front and rear and was wondering which products best suits this application.

They would be attaching to STOCK 1POT FRONT AND REAR CALIPERS, that have semi-ceramic pads, and a J-hook rotor.

everything that I found on google seems to be specific to SS-V models with brembo brakes or require and entirely new brake set up which I simply can’t afford.

Thank you for your help.

Cheers, Jake

eman1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
I got mine from brakes direct, I believe they can make them to suit.

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Another vote for safebrake they are a good bit of kit with a good reputation

daves8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF Calais V 6.0 | 2013 VF Calais V V6 Wagon
Did anyone price significant difference in street performance from braided lines?

I was talked out of them when I changed my rotors and pads last time. Told it would only make a difference if I was using car on track and really getting brakes hot.

thoughts?

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Told it would only make a difference if I was using car on track and really getting brakes hot.
thoughts?

That is about the same as what I was told, (see thread about Safebrake). :confused:

I was curious about the lifespan of the hoses. It is probably very rare to blow a hose under normal conditions, even in old cars.
How many Kingswoods are still using the original brake lines. I know my HQ and HJ were never changed during 30 years.
Ignorance and complacency ?

If you blow a radiator hose, that is an inconvenience, but, if you blow a brake line, the Police will say speed was a factor.
Pointless lockdown task in the next few days ........... inspect, wash and polish brakelines. ;)

eman1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
Did anyone price significant difference in street performance from braided lines?

I was talked out of them when I changed my rotors and pads last time. Told it would only make a difference if I was using car on track and really getting brakes hot.

thoughts?
When I changed them on a year old redline there was a noticeable difference in pedal feel. Keep in mind almost everyone changes pads and fluid at the same time so this can have a effect.

But I’ve also changed pads and fluid before and not got the change in pedal feel that the lines did. Also the rubber lines were a year old so in their best form. In a older car the difference will be more noticeable.

MrBags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z SERIES
Yep, quite a different pedal with the braided lines for me too, quite a bit firmer.

Reactions: Lex