Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What Steel Braided Brake Lines to Buy?

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Do the braided lines from safebrake fit the rear of a wagon. I enquired once before and someone said the don't fit
When l ordered mine had to order for wagon with traction control.

Sedan & wagon different setup at rear.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Do the braided lines from safebrake fit the rear of a wagon. I enquired once before and someone said the don't fit
Have you tried contacting them directly?

I wasn’t aware of any hardware differences back there … but I’ve never compared.

When l ordered mine had to order for wagon with traction control.

Sedan & wagon different setup at rear.
Is that for the VT though? I ask because all VF’s have traction control. VT wagons were a lot more different to sedans than VF wagons are … not saying I know, however I don’t think you can extrapolate VT to VF.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
Have you tried contacting them directly?

I wasn’t aware of any hardware differences back there … but I’ve never compared.

Is that for the VT though? I ask because all VF’s have traction control. VT wagons were a lot more different to sedans than VF wagons are … not saying I know, however I don’t think you can extrapolate VT to VF.
The guy you quoted (@scaredyet) was asking about a wagon. His ride is a VZ Lumina wagon. So, l assume he was asking about that?

Yes l was referring to vt.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
The guy you quoted (@scaredyet) was asking about a wagon. His ride is a VZ Lumina wagon. So, l assume he was asking about that?

Yes l was referring to vt.
Very good point!

@scaredyet, apologies, this being a VF-odour sub-forum I made assumptions … if it’s the VZ, then yes they differ, but mebbe email them as @Lex managed to get the right gear.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Speaking of braided brake lines, we've discovered recently that some have extremely small fluid holes in the banjo where it bolts up to the caliper. Gives a nice firm pedal but reduces line pressure to the calipers and reduces braking performance.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Speaking of braided brake lines, we've discovered recently that some have extremely small fluid holes in the banjo where it bolts up to the caliper. Gives a nice firm pedal but reduces line pressure to the calipers and reduces braking performance.
Which brands?

scaredyet

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ Lumina Wagon
@scaredyet, apologies, this being a VF-odour sub-forum I made assumptions … if it’s the VZ, then yes they differ, but mebbe email them as @Lex managed to get the right gear.
Yeah sorry guys I got excited when I saw braided lines. Yes my car is a VZ Lumina Wagon not a VF and doesn't have traction control. I did email them a while ago but no reply. I did see a negative Google review saying they didn't fit a Wagon and no reply. A few years back I did ask the same question but can't remember where now but was told they don't fit the rears.

Are there any dramas in getting front braided only. Will I still feel a different?

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah sorry guys I got excited when I saw braided lines. Yes my car is a VZ Lumina Wagon not a VF and doesn't have traction control. I did email them a while ago but no reply. I did see a negative Google review saying they didn't fit a Wagon and no reply. A few years back I did ask the same question but can't remember where now but was told they don't fit the rears.

Are there any dramas in getting front braided only. Will I still feel a different?
Here's a link.
I'd contact them first, just to make sure?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
@Lex to answer @scaredyet's question, did you feel a difference with the braided lines?

My personal belief is that with modern braking systems you wouldn't, not when comparing new-for-new ... I've only fitted braided lines where frankly I was gonna hafta fit some sort of replacement lines anyway 'cos the rubber ones were pretty stiff & cracked-looking ... but have zero experience comparing new-for-new. And if the VZ still has the stock lines, they're maybe not doing the best job by now, could be a decent time to replace anyway?

Last edited:

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Which brands?
I don't know the brands; they were unpackaged and handed to us loose. Other's we took off cars as the brakes didn't work properly and discovered the small banjo holes.