Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What To Do Next?

Jparr97

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz 5.7l SS
hi i've got a 2004 vz 5.7l SS, i have fitted a full exhaust system (4 into 1 1-3/4" headers 100 cell cats and 3" catback) and an OTR( kept the MAF) i got the car tuned at profection hume in ACT at the start of the year and it made 253 rwkw and am very happy with the results. i do what to get the car up to 300rwkw and was wondering is any one could give me advice on what the next step would be and roughly what numbers i would be looking at. i will be overhauling the engine mid next year. i don't want to sacrifice to much fuel economy as i am currently getting 16L/100km around town and 12L/100km on the highway
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
The only real option is a cam package. Price will depend on what you get and who does it.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
If overhauling, have you considered stroking it ?

Jolls

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute (Jimi Hendrix)
We have yet to get a tune done on our 5.7 litre refresh. We added a VCM 262 cam as a trade off between power, drivability and fuel economy. We also changed the oil pump lifters, added an OTRCAI. We are waiting on an accelerator pedal (found one today finally) so we can get her running and then tuned. We will be going MAFless because we purchased the shell without one and the OTR we have makes if very tight.

We haven't contemplated output figures as we have been focused on the balance between drivability and power as it will be the business quote/run around ute. Once we get the tune done I will let you know what figures we end up with. We're only up the road a bit at Murrumbateman so if we can be of any assistance let us know.

Keep in touch it would be great to compare notes as the projects progress.

Cheers n Beers
Jolls

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Diff gears are a good upgrade, although you don’t physically gain any more power it’s a lot quicker off the mark and getting up to speed and fuel economy can actually improve slightly if your sensible with ratio choice

Jparr97

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz 5.7l SS
Diff gears are a good upgrade, although you don’t physically gain any more power it’s a lot quicker off the mark and getting up to speed and fuel economy can actually improve slightly if your sensible with ratio choice
Right now I have 3.7.3/1 diff gears

Jparr97

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz 5.7l SS
i have been looking at a couple of cam packages. when i do get a cam done i will most likely get the entire valve train replaced
valves, arms, springs, pushrods, lifters, t-chain, sprockets and oil pump.
when i do get this done would it be worth going to ls2 heads or will they be to much hassle.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.