Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What would it take to get higher speed limits in Australia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
Wow that certainly looks like a properly researched and scientific document....
I got half a page down and saw the first error and then selective choice of statistics.

Even the search in the web address title "reducing the instance of tailgating" i.e. up the speed so people who want to break the limit don't have to tailgate those who go the speed limit....

Don't get me wrong, I see plenty of places where the speed limit is stupidly low (and stupidly high). And in the middle of nowhere, with good visibility and driving conditions I'll....
But to expect them to up the highway speed to 130 just so boyo here can drive faster? As per previous post(s), not gonna happen. Unless our esteemed OP becomes PM/Premier

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
In Germany it takes 120 hours to get a license, in Victoria it takes 120, so how exactly is it easier to get a license in Australia?
In Germany, getting a license where you can drive solo requires more than one practical test, and is much more complicated than here in Victoria... It's all good stating your opinion, but you need to back up your reasoning and do a bit of research...

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
funny how in most other developed countries people drive faster and have less accidents in many of them
the roads and cars there are no better, hell many of them are worse than aus
it's crazy really, in Spain you can drive upto 149 on the freeway and just get a 50 euro fine, with no demerit points
do the same speed in australia, and it's a hefty fine, suspension, car impounded
spain's road toll is 3.7
aus is 4.5

go figure lol
We've already told you that it's because of better driver training overseas, don't you get it???

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
  • Haha
Reactions: Lex

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
The the OP goes on to say he drive 10km/h under
Then asks how tolerant NT Cops are if he drives 10 to 15ks over the limit.

I think you are right Imm, here is a young man who has been caught speeding a few times but thinks it's fine to do so and is challenging the rules. I wonder what is road side attitude is when pulled over.

Status
Not open for further replies.