Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Whats more accurate

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Also depends how much tread was on your tyres at the time.
Just relax and hope nothing comes in the mail.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
^ The camera-triggering thing varies entirely depending on setup (probably varies most from state to state). Certainly in NSW you can be fined for 47 in a 40 zone, but 107 will usually be ignored in a 100 zone. Plus Victoria will send you a fine closer to the limit than any other state.

HOWEVER, most states of Oz will deduct 3km/h from the detected speed to allow for radar inaccuracy; eg. in NSW if you get a fine for 65 in a 60 zone, that means the radar actually read 68.

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN
I use GPS in my radar detector.

9TJDuVp.jpg

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Also depends how much tread was on your tyres at the time.
Just relax and hope nothing comes in the mail.
What do you think the time span is from that date where you think you are speeding (FFS on GPS 61 KPH on a 60 Zone) till that dreaded letter box letter.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
What do you think the time span is from that date where you think you are speeding (FFS on GPS 61 KPH on a 60 Zone) till that dreaded letter box letter.

If WA, anytime from a few weeks to a few months.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224

In Victoria, 2 weeks.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
But in WA you wont get booked until you are doing more than 5 over. So 65 in a 60 many get you booked 66 definitely will
But they charge you for 3km/h under the detected value in WA, same as the eastern states, don’t they?
So if you’re done for doing 66, you were detected at 69; and unless you’ve modified it, your speedo probably said you were doing ~72-73 in that 60 zone?

In Victoria, 2 weeks.
Yeah NSW can be between a week & a couple of months. I’ve only had one which took the couple of months, the rest arrived pretty quickly.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Last i looked, the legislation did not define a time frame where fines must be dispatched, however i do have a vauge recolletion that there is a 12 month statute of limitations from the date of the offence where the fine or summons must be dispateched/received else they missed the boat and you're free and clear.. Such legislation is created by each state, so YMMV.

Here, Fines Victoria, a government administrative body (that at one stage the government wanted to privatise) manages the handling of fines for the issuing agencies. In theory FV could sit on ones speeding indescretion for months, collect a pile of fines for you, then bulk deliver them to reduce their mail costs. Luckily, as yet, they are not that big of a pr!ck... yet...

As for speed tollerances, the Vic Gov or Police stay mum on what they are. All they say is drive within the limit (or 5kph lower via their wipe of 5 propagander) and you'll be safe.

As a side, Fines Victoria used to be money hungry grubs as they sent out speeding camera fines without pictures. If you wanted to see who was driving your car as you may have lent it to a friend, it cost either time (to attend their city office and look at the snap for free) or $ (to request the photo be sent to you). Now i believe they include the snap in the fine printout they send so they are not as bad as they once were, still money hungry grubs though....