Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wheel for on wagons

Trofius

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline sportwagon
Does any one know if the wheel spacing on a wagon is different than a sedan,

In particular is there issues with the shock, or inner guards??

just trying to figure out why staggered HF 20s are able to be ordered on a redline sedan but not a redline wagon?

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
The HF20s were certainly available as an option on the wagons last year - the same as on the sedan. The only difference that I noticed that the MY16 brochure stated that the spare would still be a 19" in the wagon for some reason. I didn't upgrade but went with the 19"s but 20" were definitely an option.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
It's got nothing to do with the fitment of the rims, the rims fit fine.

For memory it's the tyres and the load ratings.

That's the reason they don't offer them as an option for the wagon.

Speak to the dealer, they can confirm the reason.

Trofius

Reaction score
Members Ride
It's got nothing to do with the fitment of the rims, the rims fit fine.

For memory it's the tyres and the load ratings.

That's the reason they don't offer them as an option for the wagon.

Speak to the dealer, they can confirm the reason.

I was wondering that, it just seems odd that it was an option on the 2016 model..

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
They're an option on the 2017 model on the Holden website, for a Redline wagon.
I double-checked; definitely 2017, definitely Redline, definitely wagon.
There's no price listed though, it's "contact dealer", so they may no longer offer the $1500 factory-fit option for Redline wagons (as part of narrowing-down the number of variables on the production-line; same as ditching SSV).

Trofius

Reaction score
Members Ride
They're an option on the 2017 model on the Holden website, for a Redline wagon.
I double-checked; definitely 2017, definitely Redline, definitely wagon.
There's no price listed though, it's "contact dealer", so they may no longer offer the $1500 factory-fit option for Redline wagons (as part of narrowing-down the number of variables on the production-line; same as ditching SSV).

You mean on the generic public page? I have seen that, thats why I am dirty it seems to be a carryover from last years page.

On the actual ordering page that the dealer uses, it doesn't exist.. but just a stand alone set of HF 20 from the HSVi ordering page is available, but at the higher cost.

might start looking at other wheel, options, even HF20 on e-bay are only $1200, but that's just rims, no stagger, a full set of Bridgestones as issue would tip it well over three again.

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
I was wondering that, it just seems odd that it was an option on the 2016 model..

They cut the 57D factory 20 inch upgrade on wagons quite some time ago, like nearly a year ago. Holden will not fit 20 inch wheels to any wagon, but there's nothing to stop a dealer from doing it, but obviously as a spare parts upgrade the cost is huge (the price Bridgestone charges for those OEM tyres is off the planet!). The reason we've heard for no more 20's on the wagon is because it increases the noise too much (this could be just absolute crap but).

The spare wheel not being a 20 inch is because of weight, apparently it overloads the rear axle?? That's what we were told by the HSVi rep when VF came out in 2013.

Trofius

Reaction score
Members Ride
They cut the 57D factory 20 inch upgrade on wagons quite some time ago, like nearly a year ago. Holden will not fit 20 inch wheels to any wagon, but there's nothing to stop a dealer from doing it, but obviously as a spare parts upgrade the cost is huge (the price Bridgestone charges for those OEM tyres is off the planet!). The reason we've heard for no more 20's on the wagon is because it increases the noise too much (this could be just absolute crap but).

The spare wheel not being a 20 inch is because of weight, apparently it overloads the rear axle?? That's what we were told by the HSVi rep when VF came out in 2013.
But an r8 tourer has 20s Standard? Any ways I have sucked it up and ordered them as a dealer fit, it's more than I wanted but still cheaper than other rims, plus they will be Holden rims, on the Holden so no questions asked. Expensive tyres yes, but nice. I think it was about $4500 to buy the HF20 fitted with bridgies. Road noise....this is why you have an exhaust note.