Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wheel Nuts connundrum 12x1.5mm

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
The wheel nuts are not for the commodore, they are for a hilux.
Toyota are 12 x 1.5, and are the same pcd as ford

So why make a comment saying your VC Commodore is a 4 banger?

You're making things more difficult than it should be...

BTW, been in the tyre game for 30 odd years, hence my knowledge over the wheel nut side of things....But hey, the ball is now in your court

Hole Denn

Reaction score
Members Ride
HoleDens
Great pun!! The shank locates the caps in this case, much like the shank locates the alloys, so alloys don't need the taper, as long as the wheel nut doesn't bottom out before the wheel is tight. I've looked at those you posted, and would probably do the job...the only problem is the shank on those is very narrow, maybe 15mm, whereas the hole in the cap is 20mm
just get a machinist to turn 5mm off, the nut end doesn"t have to be so long to get a socket on it
you can also get different aftermarket ones that have longer shanks, from memory super cheap used to stock them.

tantalus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC L
So why make a comment saying your VC Commodore is a 4 banger?

You're making things more difficult than it should be...

BTW, been in the tyre game for 30 odd years, hence my knowledge over the wheel nut side of things....But hey, the ball is now in your court
It was just a sidenote to highlight the sadness of this wheel nut saga, that's all. A 4 cylinder commodore is also pretty sad, but again, a sidenote. I really appreciate all the help, and suggestions that everyone is putting forward. I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers, all I wanted, was 8 lousy wheel nuts

Hole Denn

Reaction score
Members Ride
HoleDens
I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers, all I wanted, was 8 lousy wheel nuts
don"t worry about it, your free to do/say/think anything you want with without what anyone says
every forum has a big bad wolf/bully playing their childish games for their kicks on new comers
you live and learn, no matter what age you are.

tantalus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC L
just get a machinist to turn 5mm off, the nut end doesn"t have to be so long to get a socket on it
you can also get different aftermarket ones that have longer shanks, from memory super cheap used to stock them.
Thanks mate,
don"t worry about it, your free to do/say/think anything you want with without what anyone says
every forum has a big bad wolf/bully playing their childish games for their kicks on new comers
you live and learn, no matter what age you are.
Cheers mate, I did read your reply regarding turning down an existing wheel nut, and a bloke I work with does have access to a lathe, so definitely a possibility. Is this forum like fb, where you can delete the discussion? Since nobody seems to recognise the nut in question, I may as well delete it, but I've come away with a heap of leads I didn't have before. Cheers everyone who contributed

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
It was just a sidenote to highlight the sadness of this wheel nut saga, that's all. A 4 cylinder commodore is also pretty sad, but again, a sidenote. I really appreciate all the help, and suggestions that everyone is putting forward. I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers, all I wanted, was 8 lousy wheel nuts

4 cylinder Commodores are great. Well they are great in that they make the best platforms to rebuild and upgrade. They never had the power to do anything so the chassis haven't been abused as much.

My first Commodore was a 4 banger with 4 on the floor. I have fond memories of that car even though she topped out at only 130km/h and you had to work hard to get it there.

And it's easy to upgrade a 4 cyl car to the standard 6cyl/V8 running gear and have access to all the wheel and brake combinations that then become available.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Since nobody seems to recognise the nut in question, I may as well delete it, but I've come away with a heap of leads I didn't have before. Cheers everyone who contributed
No ........ don't delete it. One day, someone else may have a similar problem, and find info here, after they have sorted the wheat from the chaff.

My only advice is that if you had described fully your intended use of the nut in the first thread, (eg: including the skull cap) a lot of back and forth BS could have been avoided, as contributors (including myself) didn't understand.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Agreed, it pays to put as much info as possible in the OP to help avoid confusion and misdirect.

I might rename the thread and move it as it's not really a VC commodore nut issue but worthwhile non the less for the info provided.

Reactions: Lex

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Reactions: Lex