Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Where do i mount my Cross over box?! VT!. HELP!

Heffer_Slayer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
hang on.
was there more bass or did you expect there too be more when you bought the gear?

I felt as if there was more bass.
I now fixed that problem by simply turning down the gains on my speaker amp, the sub simply could not cope. I have to put the gains on maximum for my sub.

Not sure if that is the best thing to do :S

Is there any negative effects on having the gains fully on?

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
only that you can easily burn out the amp and/or sub.
gain is a sensitivity setting not a volume control.

Heffer_Slayer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
only that you can easily burn out the amp and/or sub.
gain is a sensitivity setting not a volume control.

omg!!
i have heard that it is just a volume control and there is nothing to it!!

So is there a approx spot you should set it so it doesn't wear out the speaker/amp?

mattgreen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S Pack
omg!!
i have heard that it is just a volume control and there is nothing to it!!

So is there a approx spot you should set it so it doesn't wear out the speaker/amp?

ive allways had mine at 2 thirds of the way up! lol whats with there being a stwich that says 0 +6 +12 and if u put it on +12 its so bassy xD

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
ok first off gain and bass boost are different.
both can stuff you amp and sub.

@mattgreen: "You can if you want, adjust the EQ to your liking. Note that if you boost any frequencies (although most people prefer to ‘cut’), you are pushing the amp a little closer towards clipping. This means, if you now turn the volume up to what was previously the maximum level, the amp may in fact clip because the signal is stronger than before " thats a direct quote from the link stonex posted. did you read it?

@heffer: read the article, it will answer all questions.

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
why shouldnt u use it tho?
As garfa said, it makes it much easier to over-drive the amplifier and subwoofer. If possible, you should do all your equalising at the head unit so you have easier control.

mattgreen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S Pack
As garfa said, it makes it much easier to over-drive the amplifier and subwoofer. If possible, you should do all your equalising at the head unit so you have easier control.

true. my last headunit didnt have good equalisers tho! my new one might be better this time tho. will findout soon!

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
Sorry to go off topic but i mounted my tweeters on the plastic above the front seatbelt guide things, they're about 10cm from my ear and could not adjust the crossovers enough for them to be bearable when they are screaming into my ear :p

i know i have to mount them further away but cant put them in the door, was thinking a-pillar but might look crap, will the front staging sound good with them under the original dash speaker covers?

cheers