Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Which polisher?

NU13

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 E1 HSV GTS Manual
So i'm about 35% of the way around the car and i'm guessing that 90% of the swirl marks are gone, 60% light scratches are gone and 30% of heavy scratches. Pretty happy overall. Issue i do have, on the packaging it states that you can polish your car in 30 minutes with this device. Utter and complete bullshit. Minimum of 2 to 3 hours i reckon.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
When your finished, you wanna come and do my car?

NU13

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 E1 HSV GTS Manual
When your finished, you wanna come and do my car?

Ummm, no! I'll be happy if i never have to do this again lol. On a side note a little old lady that lives up the road walked past and asked what i was so i explained to her why i had parts of the car masked off and what not. As she was carrying on with her walk she says to me that she loves the sound of my car, and that it sounds like a grumpy old bitch like her lol. Best thing i have heard all week!

NU13

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 E1 HSV GTS Manual
Question for those in the know. Does Meguires Swirl-X have better cutting ability than their ultimate compound? The reason i ask is because i have run out of the ultimate that came with the system (piddley little bottle) and have switched to Swirl-X and the Swirl-X is getting scratches out that the ultimate couldn't.

ryan101

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
Ultimate is my go with Holden paint but I guess I've got pads with different correction levels

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Issue i do have, on the packaging it states that you can polish your car in 30 minutes with this device. Utter and complete bullshit. Minimum of 2 to 3 hours i reckon.

lol, including starting with a wash through all the steps to removing masking tape, it took me over 6 hours when I used it. A couple of hours quicker than by hand.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Ummm, no! I'll be happy if i never have to do this again lol. On a side note a little old lady that lives up the road walked past and asked what i was so i explained to her why i had parts of the car masked off and what not. As she was carrying on with her walk she says to me that she loves the sound of my car, and that it sounds like a grumpy old bitch like her lol. Best thing i have heard all week!

The old guy across the road seems to be doing car valet work, considering asking how much to cut/polish my car?

NU13

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 E1 HSV GTS Manual
lol, including starting with a wash through all the steps to removing masking tape, it took me over 6 hours when I used it. A couple of hours quicker than by hand.

I'm up to 7 hours with still half the car to do.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Will be worth it !!