Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

why dont people sell their copies of the Holden Service Information Package?

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
.... i use that program almost everyday at work....
this is a public forum, wouldnt take much for someone to see what youve written...

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
If it's the genuine article, it would be protected by copyrights across the country. That effectively prevents you from copying it and selling those copies. As mentioned earlier, it's a form of piracy and no different to selling downloaded latest release DVD's or CD's.

For your own sake, think twice.

TMM

OEM+
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina S2
doubtful you'd get into trouble unless you are using it for personal gain (i.e. selling copies of it).

The people who have it legitimately are probably under an NDA (Non Disclosure Agreement), so if the copy you have gets leaked it may be able to be traced back to them by a watermark or similar and they could be in a lot of trouble.

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
well for all anyone knows i got it legally from somewhere. im not trying to make a million dollars, just help people on this site n stuff.

and if you dont make money off it its not illegal, it is just copying something that is mine and giving it as a 'gift'

Except that it (the intellectual property encompassed in the manuals) is not yours; it remains the property of the owner of the IP. A legitiamte purchaser of the CD (from the rightful owner of the IP) has the right to the use of the information and that it is it.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
you use it as in its good?
im sure this threat will be gone by the time i work out how many ppl are after it

Obviously you haven't realised that there are a number of Police Officers who are members of this forum and log on daily.

esca_ByDesign

Clean and Classy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY exec By Design
Obviously you haven't realised that there are a number of Police Officers who are members of this forum and log on daily.

obviously huh?
have i committed a crime? i havent done anything wrong, as the thread states i am merely asking a question to fellow users.

if there are police officer users id gladly like them to respond to inform me of what i can and cant do.

i understand the main people that will get in trouble will be the people who got the copy in the first place as it can be tracked back to them very easily, then they will come after me haha.

i think im beggining to understand why people dont want to sell or copy their copy's to other people, because they didnt get it legitimately in the fist place (including me) :p but there is nothing wrong with having a copy as long as you dont reproduce to make a profit

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore

The coppers arent angels either mate.I got a copper mate who downloads his own dvd movies and watches them.I also know him and a couple of his work mates get up to some other stuff that I wont mention. Geez,get real mate.All the shite that goes on in the country,and your worried about a few pics in a book that someone has copied.

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
obviously huh?
have i committed a crime? i havent done anything wrong, as the thread states i am merely asking a question to fellow users.

if there are police officer users id gladly like them to respond to inform me of what i can and cant do.

i understand the main people that will get in trouble will be the people who got the copy in the first place as it can be tracked back to them very easily, then they will come after me haha.

i think im beggining to understand why people dont want to sell or copy their copy's to other people, because they didnt get it legitimately in the fist place (including me) :p but there is nothing wrong with having a copy as long as you dont reproduce to make a profit

dude.... seriously.... your asking how much people would pay for a copy of it, why dont you just ask for orders and make it more obvious, you are in possession of STOLEN PROPERTY because you didnt BUY the rights to have it from its creator, neither did the person you got it from, if someone does go to the police about it, YOU WILL end up getting a hefty fine for reproducing a copy righted document.... what part of that dont you understand? like c'mon, people cant make it any more obvious that you could end up in sh*t (without being rude) and there is police scanning over forums looking for illegal activity.... if you want to reproduce it, dont do it on a public forum.... PM someone, message someone, ring someone... jus dont advertise that you have stolen property!
END.OF.RANT!