Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Why Supercars tweaked the Camaro, not the Mustang in parity search

Veewhyfan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VeeWhy
I feel like when ever we speak towards how much the touring car category has changed, it’s worth noting it still exists more or less in the Improved Production Series.

If the logic is true that we all want to see cars we can buy fanging around, you’d have to think the series should be more popular?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
I feel like when ever we speak towards how much the touring car category has changed, it’s worth noting it still exists more or less in the Improved Production Series.

If the logic is true that we all want to see cars we can buy fanging around, you’d have to think the series should be more popular?
First I’ve heard of it. Looks more interesting than Supercars.

Martbar

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF Series 2 SSV Redline.
When l started watching these races in the early 80s, they were Aussie V8s. These cars were "home grown" manufactured and built to suit Australian conditions.
Sadly that era finished at the end of the 90s. Probably still watch Bathurst though.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Well at least the Supertaxi's season started off with some controversy. Should keep the punters talking for a while. Any publicity is good publicity right? :)

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Can't call them Supertaxis any more.
Have you tried to get into the back seat of a stock Mustang ?
As for a Camaro ............do they really exist, except on Carsales at exorbitant dreaming used prices.
Would have been more relevant to put a fibre glass body of a 20 year old Monaro on the go-kart chassis to keep a bit of credibility.

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
Europeans are still running purchaseable V8 rich boys toys in multi-class events, like the Bathurst races used to be, with sprints and 24-hour events at classic tracks. Monza, Brands Hatch, Nüburgring. Some of the races are held in America, or they have a league.
Audi R8 EVO IIs, twin turbo straight-6 BMW M4 GT3s, twin turbo V8 McLaren 720S, V10 Lamborghini Hurican GT3 EVO2s, Boxer-6 Porsche 992 GT3Rs < [375 kW (510 PS; 503 bhp) at 8,400 rpm, redline of 8,750 rpm. Body is of 70% aluminium and 30% steel, weight around 1,260 kg].

Google
gt world challenge pro am cup europe 2023

I used to love listening for the sound of the Mercedes passing with throat wide open, but some commentaries just must be muted and music played.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Can't call them Supertaxis any more.
Have you tried to get into the back seat of a stock Mustang ?
As for a Camaro ............do they really exist, except on Carsales at exorbitant dreaming used prices.
Would have been more relevant to put a fibre glass body of a 20 year old Monaro on the go-kart chassis to keep a bit of credibility.
Not sure what happened to the Camaro now you mentioned it. 5 years ago they started to appear on Sydney roads then disappeared 6 months later.. Maybe they were bought up by race teams for spares;)