Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Will the VT Front disc + hub come off in one go?

madrx3boy

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT Acclaim
If I take the brake caliper and anchor plate off, and take out the 3 allen bolts holding the hub on, it should come out correct?

Reason I ask, is I will be replacing the driver's side front hub (as well as both front discs and pads) on the weekend, but last time I had the wheel off I noticed the disc was rusted onto the hub good and proper, tried wacking it to get it off, tried the old wd-40, it wouldn't budge.

So I'm hoping that I can pull them off together. And put some anti-sieze on the new stuff so the next person who has to take it off doesn't have the same problem :p

cheers guys

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Yes it will, Ive done this a few times before on VR/VS models when the disc gets stuck on the hub through rust or whatever. The anti seize is an excellent idea too. I always put anti seize compound around the hub centre where the disc sits before refitting the discs, it definitely stops the disc from getting jammed on the hub, even after a year or so mine will still come off just by hand.