Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Will these fit?

Thumpin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SSV Sportwagon
I know the redline rims and hsv rims will fit brembo brakes but as I've heard from before that it all depends on the spoke design and that of the new ssv rims on the vf's being different maybe they might fit. Have any of you guys tried fitting these vf ssv wheels with brembo brakes? If that's a no thank you and go.

I'm not trying to be rude but I simply came with a question of what is this rim and will these vf rims fit brembo's being they are a different spoke design.
The VF SSV wheels will NOT clear Brembo's. Have tried....

Blackened

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series II VE SS
Cheers bloke that's what I was looking for real shame really because they are a lovely looking wheel.

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
Comes down to offset, not spoke design. VF wheels carry over the same offsets as VE, so redline only. Or aftermarket. But you need to make sure aftermarket clear the minimum offset

What offset are your VF wheels???

Let's document all the Holden wheels for future reference

brasher

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
Both play a major part in clearance, for instance a flat face design, a +20 will fit but +48 might not, conversely you have +10 Deep concave wheel, the spoke design/pitch will still foul the brakes. Basically a wheel design that pushes out from the Hub/Mounting pad will have a better chance of fitting over a big brake kit than one that doesn't.

for example.... Stock VE SSV wheel

Notice the spoke sits flush with the mount, doesn't extrude out. Also the spokes are quite "fat"

66633d1245932002-ve-ssv-wheels-tyres-genuine-set-4-brand-new-delivery-kms-only-ve-ssv-wheel.jpg

VE E1 GTS Wheel

See how the spoke design pushes outwards/away from the mounting pad, despite it's weak as piss front offset, the spoke is also thinner. This is how you get the brake clearance.

vegts20.jpg