Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wing or no wing???

STRIKE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turismo SV6
What did you paint the grommets with??

Just used blue enamel based paint. (the cheap stuff from supercheap) It flaked a little but I sprayed some more on a little brush and touched it up, didn't look too bad from a distance but super bogan close up.

smnsez

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ss
i reckon they look heaps better and tuffer with the wing taken off

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
how many of you guys removing your spoiler have remembered to put in a parcel shelf brake light?

first thing i did before i even took the wing off, went and bought an ADR approved LED brake light.

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
Haha, Im cools, with a spoiler light and parcel shelf light! Woo. Go me.

B

BXHD

first thing i did before i even took the wing off, went and bought an ADR approved LED brake light.

can you explain how u fitted it etc? pm me instructions :D i probably should do mine soon.

Jimmy SV6

Colours Wow, Now It Glows
Reaction score
Members Ride
[Black] 05 VZ SV6 [Auto]
I took mine off and used painted grommets wich as classy as they were didn't suit

IMG_0695.jpg

MuralPlantingDay3111.jpg

question in regards to removing the wing, where did ya get the grommets from ??? how did u remove the cable from the boot and fill the big whole where the cable initially enters into the boot. as i tried to remove wing today, just not sure if i need to cut the cable or, if its possible to get the wing off without cutting the cable at all.

Any insight to this would soo muchly appreciated then i can put a pic up of it also.

Kal123

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 && 180sx
Don't cut the cable!! There will be a simple clip, where you can unclip the spoiler loom.. just follow the cable and you will find it.

You can get the grommets from bunnings... Get 4 little one's which will fill the four little holes perfectly. And one larger one, which you will have to cut slightly to fit into the larger hole...

bigdaddycool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS SILVER SEDAN
Man I gotta say they had some seriously horrid colours on the VZ's........ thank god for the VE colour line.

How would you be having a yellow SS......... I seen someone selling one on ebay for cheap and just plain YUCK inside the cars interior hence the price. Same as a Monaro I seen online, yellow again..... chuck quality interior colours.

Stupid holden and matching the colour inside and out.........

scruffy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ exec
Personally, I prefer the wings on but in saying that there are a few colours that just don't suit having a wing.If any of you wish to sell your wing,just pm and I'll be happy to take it off your hands as I want one for my car(if the price is right,that is).

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
Personally, I prefer the wings on but in saying that there are a few colours that just don't suit having a wing.If any of you wish to sell your wing,just pm and I'll be happy to take it off your hands as I want one for my car(if the price is right,that is).

Why dont you just swap boots. Then you wont have to make holes or fill holes (For the guys removing). Sound like a good idea? Yes.