Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wobbling Harmonic Balancer - 2010 Calais V

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Can't remember what the cause was.

I think it wears the AC belt out a little quicker, but if you want it fixed your going to have to bypass holden and do it yourself. I recommend a powerbond balancer

VTS5

TechJunkie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA 3.6L Dual Fuel
HB's shouldn't wobble.Any wobbling will cause seal leakage..Will cause unnecessary pulley bearing noises,codes popping up,vibration,chain streching's etc.etc...Should be fixed WITHOUT DELAY.Because 1 or more people complaining bout it doesn't make it "common"..

ReaperTBS

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ Lumina, 2010 Calais V
Well, i want to switch it out for a powerbond overdriven balancer, but the part and work aren't exactly cheap for me right now :p

alba81

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Calais ve v
@alba81

I booked the car in with the dealer, and they ended up changing the battery and some fuses, replacing a loom, and then telling me the harmonic balancer issue is "perfectly normal" and "doesn't need replacing", as well as saying the fold down dvd player for the rear seats (which i found out recently doesn't play DVDs) is outside what they cover.

So... Back to square one, i guess :p
It's a DVD player it has to play DVDs it must be faulty unless you're trying burnt DVDs try original DVDs only, also I saw my mechanic change it it's pretty easy (for a mechanic anyways) just ring around every mechanic and get quotes or Goto a mechanic and ask them to write you out a quote and take it back to your dealer and show Holden it needs replacing don't let them get away with it