Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

worst holden sales in 70 years

Pablito

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, VE SS
Price.....
60k for a mazda/hyundai look a like 'sports car' that's, in the words of one of the car mags that reviewed the VXR, ONLY 1 second slower to 100 than the out going SS.
Nuff said

LMF 17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSVR
Sometimes you just don’t know how good you’ve got it, until it’s gone.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Holden will go the way of Opel when they have finished raping and pillaging anything of use.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Holden will go the way of Opel when they have finished raping and pillaging anything of use.

Agreed and the Commodore was the only thing they had that was of any use as far as I'm concerned.

woooo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Multiple
pellentesque pretium aliquam nunc turpis interdum diam non ante augue odio lacinia tellus at iaculis in morbi facilisis scelerisque iaculis dictum augue, vel curabitur quis nisi velit euismod ac torquent suscipit netus tempus vitae nulla varius himenaeos suspendisse vehicula commodo per convallis, faucibus aliquet ut semper mattis hac etiam sapien proin per quisque, nibh tempus diam posuere tempor platea velit semper taciti per.icker !

Last edited:
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Motorsport Edition
Perhaps Holden are lurking on this forum and others and are taking notes.

In my mind Holden isn't relevant anymore.

Thinking about every class of car small, mid, suv there's lots of other brands I'd consider first before even going to Holden because the other brands have got the formula right and have perfected it for years.

Bread & Butter cars for manufacturers:

Small car with tech and ultra reliable - Toyota Corolla.
Fast front wheel drive hatch - Honda Civic, VW Golf, Ford Focus
SUV - Rav 4, Kia or Hyundai, Mazda CX, Ford Escape.
Bigger SUV - used to be the ford territory
Small off road - Jeep Wrangler, Vitara
Large off road - Pajero, Patrol, Lancruiser
4x4 Utility - BT-50, Ranger, Hilux
Mid size sedan - Mazda 6, Camry, maybe ZB?
People carrier - Tarago, Honda Odyssey.

Where does Holden feature? They've got a lot of ground work to do in every category to get to the forefront of people's minds and if Holden's reputation is already on thin ice as far as customer service and honouring warranty...would I even want to risk parting with my hard earned cash on an unknown vehicle that even the dealership doesn't know much about? Bugger that. It just seems Holden has been in a mad rush to import vehicles from all over the world in every category and say "there you go" without much backing.

R.I.P Holden.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Agreed and the Commodore was the only thing they had that was of any use as far as I'm concerned.

What about the colorado? I have a few mates wth them.

Thinking about every class of car small, mid, suv there's lots of other brands I'd consider first before even going to Holden because the other brands have got the formula right and have perfected it for years.

Where does Holden feature? They've got a lot of ground work to do in every category to get to the forefront of people's minds and if Holden's reputation is already on thin ice as far as customer service and honouring warranty...would I even want to risk parting with my hard earned cash on an unknown vehicle that even the dealership doesn't know much about? Bugger that. It just seems Holden has been in a mad rush to import vehicles from all over the world in every category and say "there you go" without much backing.

R.I.P Holden.
We have a ranger as our work ute. Biggest p.o.s i have driven in a long time. Given, the top model may be better than the base model, but the experience was enough that i will never rank a ranger higher than a pair of shoes.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67

R.I.P Holden.

The Colorado seems to do reasonably well here in NZ but other then that I don't think they have much going for em. Holden was Commodore (as in the RWD Aussie built vehicle) and is now nothing more then a badge engineered car import company.

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43

R.I.P Holden.
you left out performance. That would be Audi, Mercedes in the medium family sedans. Test drove a Audi S3 sedan for my wife the other day goes, handles and sounds awesome early $70's price is the biggest draw back. Then if you want more power the RS range comes in for more dollars.