Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

worst holden sales in 70 years

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
What about the colorado? I have a few mates wth them.

Rubbish car ranger/hilux kills it. We have a few Colorado cars at work being replaced now with rangers so much better.

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
Rubbish car ranger/hilux kills it. We have a few Colorado cars at work being replaced now with rangers so much better.
Pretty sure the Ranger is the class leader by a fair bit. Amarok a special mention though.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
If you read the articles the party line from Holden is that "we're not worried we have the strongest product ever 20 new vehicles or whatever" - obviously this is the spokesperson media guy but I truly wonder if there are people that have drunk the coolade and believe that.

When a company says " we're not worried " that means
" whose going to wear the concrete boots "

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Really? Must be a huge jump from base model to top model for both the ranger and the colorado. (I drove base ranger, and pretty sure was reasonably high colo. Hate that auto hill braking though - it would take time to get use to)

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
they'd be expecting this, and GM will be expecting them to turn it around in short order too i'd imagine.

Brettly-2008

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS Commodore - Ford Territory ... both camps
What about the colorado? I have a few mates wth them.

My partner's folks just went out and bought a new Colorado and Trax (his and hers) and they both love them. My partner has a first gen Trax and she loves it.

I find it hard to believe Holden all of a sudden aren't selling cars... just becoz ya know ZB.

Does the OP have a link to back up what he's "heard".

Brettly-2008

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS Commodore - Ford Territory ... both camps
A cursory check online has Holden the 4th highest-selling manufacturer in January 2018 and 8th highest-selling manufacturer last month, out of 60 or so other brands, selling between 4700-5700 cars per month. I'm not really sure if that's a lower number than any other month since 1948 but if it is, it really says more about the current automotive market in Australia than anything else.

Even without a VF Commodore, Holden are moving more cars than Kia, Volkswagen, Subaru, MB, Audi and BMW to name a few.

Dirty Harry

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF MY17 Series 2 Redline - Red Hot
My partner's folks just went out and bought a new Colorado and Trax (his and hers) and they both love them. My partner has a first gen Trax and she loves it.

I find it hard to believe Holden all of a sudden aren't selling cars... just becoz ya know ZB.

Does the OP have a link to back up what he's "heard".

https://www.goauto.com.au/news/vfac...-dips-to-new-market-low/2018-03-05/70318.html

AND

http://www.news.com.au/technology/i...r/news-story/cac49f4665dd91c8709f74d289bdfc76