Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Worth going 2 S types sealed box to 2 R type ported box

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline

Harris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
Have been pumpin my subs lately and noticed that there is not much change from mid to high volume. Also got shamed out by a magna with 1 soundstream 12" sub in ported box and it sounded better then both of my subs. What do use think about putting 2 12" type R in and keeping the 2 type S also???

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
I'd just make a decent box for your type-s .. You still haven't said what amp they are running off .. maybe yours are getting 100wrms and the magna was getting 2000wrms

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
The guy driving the Magna probably followed some advice given to him on a forum somewhere :bang:

MAG00

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Calais
The amp is a stealth 1200watt monoblock sound stream. (Soundstream - Stealth Amplifiers) It is the last one on the list. Is it overkill for the S types???

Wouldn't know seeing as you haven't mentioned how the S types are wired, or what model they are.

Also, your signature annoys me.
**IF IT'S TOO LOUD, YOU'RE TOO OLD** Basic English, if they are too old at least they would know how to spell.

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
There is no such thing as overkill when talking about amplifiers for speakers, you can run 1000wrms into a 100wrms sub with the correct tuning. I run 150wrms into my 40wrms tweeters all day everyday.

If you can list the model number of your subs (as we asked in the original posts) then we can help you out. Really, we are trying to help you, but you are not providing us with the information we need.