Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Worth going 2 S types sealed box to 2 R type ported box

MAG00

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Calais
Don't talk to sweefu like that. Really, we are trying to help you, but you are not providing us with the information we need.

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
I'm not going to offer my help to you now. Like others who are trying to help you here, I know a bit about car stereos, I've been an enthusiast for nearly 6 years, have built many systems and have trophies to prove my efforts. You obviously do not want our help, or you would have listened when it was offered.
Best of luck.

MAG00

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Calais
Are the voice coils wired in parallel or series?

Harris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
You annoy me with your stupid input no one asked for was aimed at magoo for the if its to loud your to old comment This is the problem from the start i don't have a clue about car audio i got it all retailed i gave you all the info i could and just then found the paperwork. All i want to do is stick to alpine and have a better stereo

MAG00

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Calais
All i want to do is stick to alpine and have a better stereo

You will need more than luck.
Despite my comment about your incorrectly spelt signature, I still tried to help. Annnnnnd now I give up. Take it down to your local autobahnz bro and waste his time.

/I'm out.

AmmoJammo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Wagon
Why quote me for and hit me with the banstick? This isn't the first time you have done this either.

If he's going to build and tune two ported enclosure's for 12'' drivers, then there's fk all difference worth even worrying about if the was to just use the 18 in a sealed enclosure as far as taking up space is concerned.

I try to give him a cheaper and simpler option.

Someone who is truly concerned about retaining some boot space wouldn't be fitting two 12'' drivers in the first place. The driver i reccomended is a good option, is well within the OP's budget, will sound much better than his original plan, and could even save him money.

two 12inch subs isn't "24'' cone surface area"

thats just dumb.

realistically the IXL 18's need much more box volume that two 12's would.

you could probably get away with the same volume, but only just.

but "2 x 12'' is 24'' cone surface area"

wtf?

MAG00

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Calais
two 12inch subs isn't "24'' cone surface area"

thats just dumb.

realistically the IXL 18's need much more box volume that two 12's would.

you could probably get away with the same volume, but only just.

but "2 x 12'' is 24'' cone surface area"

wtf?

I get what he's trying to say, even though it's not correct. HCVP: pi x r^2 = area of a circle :)

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
I get what he's trying to say, even though it's not correct. HCVP: pi x r^2 = area of a circle :)

Ok so i fked up math at high school let's not go there.

But seriously, two 12'' drivers each in ported enclosures your going to want around a 2.5 cu ft for each (give or take)

The IXL18 reccomends 4.6 cu ft for sealed (which is what i reccomended he use)

So there's like a bees dick difference in it not even worth worrying about. It's late i'm going to bed. Do the same stop arguing with me:ranting:

AmmoJammo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Wagon
But seriously, two 12'' drivers each in ported enclosures your going to want around a 2.5 cu ft for each (give or take)

I'd never put a 12inch sub in that much volume.

depends on the sub of course, but (seeing as you wanna use cuft) I'd go with 1.4 - 2cuft per driver.