Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Worth going 2 S types sealed box to 2 R type ported box

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
I'd never put a 12inch sub in that much volume.

depends on the sub of course, but (seeing as you wanna use cuft) I'd go with 1.4 - 2cuft per driver.

Why wouldn't we talk cu ft?

The 12'' Type R i once ran a few years back, sounded it's best ( as a compromise) in a 2.0cu ft sealed. This was after building a few different enclosures.

I don't see how 2.5 cu ft is too large for a 12'' driver. Even something like the 2500 from DD, they themselves have plans for a 2.5 cu ft ported enclosure on their website.

If he was building an enclosure for the Type S, then your dimensions would probably be more on the money, but he was talking about upgrading them anyway.

End of the day, it's not like he came on and said he plays golf 3 times a week and likes to kidnap people. If that was the case i'd have reccomended him something much smaller, that would be more at home firing out the corner in a small enclsoure. He's a bass head, so for the money, my reccomendation still is the best bang for buck option he has right now.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Plenty of people still talk cu ft when talking about enclosures, it's never been an issue but now all of a sudden it is? Well fck it im over it you guy's do what you want. I starting coming back on the forum but it's all the same bull **** anyway.

m1lky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
There are some things we use the imperial system for. Sub boxes are one of them.

I bet you all fill your tyres in psi rather than kPa, and buy 18" rims not 366mm rims?

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Plenty of people still talk cu ft when talking about enclosures, it's never been an issue but now all of a sudden it is? Well fck it im over it you guy's do what you want. I starting coming back on the forum but it's all the same bull **** anyway.
Was just answering your question, no need to get upset.

There are some things we use the imperial system for. Sub boxes are one of them.

I bet you all fill your tyres in psi rather than kPa, and buy 18" rims not 366mm rims?
I measure my timber in mm and cm, so converting to litres is much easier than cubic feet.