Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Xforce Exhaust problems with the vf sv6.

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
Well now i feel like a right dick ahahha. Just got a chisel gave it a little tap and off it came. Cheers for the help guys.

It's all part of the learning process mate
Sometimes it's just the little things that can do your head in...no matter how experienced you are :)

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf Sv6 ute
Hows it sound mate?
Not really what i expected not to bad though doesnt sound anything like any of the youtube videos of the xforce but ill be looking at getting a set of headers which might make it sound a bit better. One question i got though is it normal for the exhaust to smell like burning. Is it just the oils burning off or have a stuff something up?

saroadie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm
Headers?
I thought the exhaust manifold was integral on the SIDI 3.6.
Re the burning - sounds normal. As long as the smell diminishes after 5-10 minutes, you will be fine.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf Sv6 ute
Headers?
Re the burning - sounds normal. As long as the smell diminishes after 5-10 minutes, you will be fine.
Not sure your probably right though.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf Sv6 ute
Headers?
Re the burning - sounds normal. As long as the smell diminishes after 5-10 minutes, you will be fine.[/QUOTE
Yeah your right just had a look on xforces website and didnt realise it says will not fit sidi. That sucks then.

Talidorian

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Vf II SV6 Black Edition
Not really what i expected not to bad though doesnt sound anything like any of the youtube videos of the xforce but ill be looking at getting a set of headers which might make it sound a bit better. One question i got though is it normal for the exhaust to smell like burning. Is it just the oils burning off or have a stuff something up?
Burning is normal, takes about 1000 KM for a new exhaust to fully burn in.

Headers will make a big difference to the sound. From my experience with X-Force, all they do is make the exhaust loud, no real character to it.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf Sv6 ute
Burning is normal, takes about 1000 KM for a new exhaust to fully burn in.

Headers will make a big difference to the sound. From my experience with X-Force, all they do is make the exhaust loud, no real character to it.
Might have to look into anyother exhaust later then, maybe a custom one. Just couldnt turn down the offer of the exhaust costing me $700 instead of $1400. being xforce aswell i wouldve thought it would be a better product but oh well you learn from ya mistakes i suppose.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf Sv6 ute
Is there any other options for the sidi header or can you not change them at all. Sucks if ya cant change them

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
No you can't change them, they don't have "headers" or an exhaust manifold. As already said, the exhaust outlets from each cylinder are built into the head, similar to the Subaru where the engine pipes bolt directly to the exhaust port on the heads.