Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dumb things you've done working on a car?

brinz96VS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II Calais
...was leaning over the bay with engine running on my old v6, cords from my hoody dangled over the alternator and it basically ate them haha. took a while to fish out the cotton around the copper.

mate was taking the bonnet off the bonnet on his VP. Slipped down and smashed the corner of his new windscreen he just got for the roadworthy. arrh.

berowra_vn

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn commodore
when i was an apprentice for volkswagen, was doing my first service on my own, trying to be careful with everything ect,,,somehow, completely forgot to put the new oil filter back on. oil EVERYWHERE.

LthlThrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VU II SS
I dont think a shirt would help, Unless you wear some heavily padded shirts. :rofl2:
Matt

oh haha it weas the worst feeling ever, coulodnt have a hot shower for months lol, next time he is going to be at the engine bay lol

That's what happenes when you tighten a belt too much, you're not meant to play guitar with it :p.

i didnt think something that severe would happen, i thought if it was nice and and tight nothing would go wrong, i just didnt want it loosen and fall off, well it went from one erxtreme to the next didnt it. lol

arrow224

Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
Wondered why the car was overheating once I had filled the radiator up. Turns out that I hadn't completely turned the radiator cap properly, and it had leaked out...

peckzz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr series 2 v6
lol i think i got one that tops the lot, this is no joke i can show you the receipe for this haha
but i did not do it other wise i would not tell a soul haha

i cleaned my throttle body on my vr, my mate wanted to do the same, he is not the best with cars and has a vt
well never seen him for a couple of weeks, then he came back around, his car had a new vx engine in it, i said what happened, turned out he took the whole valley cover off thinking it was the throttle body, and dropped a socket in the intake of the head, well apparently it only lasted 20 seconds and made a bang, he towed it down to his local holden dealer and came out with $2800 bill and a 104,000 km vx motor, i still laugh my head off at him

rhysieboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 vt exec
workmate was servicing the boss's navara and was undoin the oil filter i think it was and broke a fuel vaccum hose i tink it was was a tiny little plastic thing and cost 900 to replace lol expensive service