Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Kicker CVT shallow 2 ohm or 4 ohm

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
It won't blow the subs if you don't turn it up just set the gains correctly, its called headroom, there's isn't a thing as "too much power" you just don't need to use all of it.

Why pay good money for an amp to run crap subs? besides your ears won't tell you any different at this price point. If you have the money then buy something better to begin with, otherwise just buy the cheap jaycar mono block, they are fine, i don't have any issues with the ones i've had. $300 is a very good price for them, wire up the 2 x svc 2 ohm subs and just be done with it. Your only going around in circles now.

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
So 200Wrms at 4 ohm for one sub... Then 400Wrms at 2 ohm shared by two 4 ohm subs?

You're either really not getting things you're being told or you looked at the MAX power output of the amplifier.

VHCOMMO87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/X
yeah sorry i see what you mean fark im retarded, i cant win. I know im getting the 4ohm subs i just cant find an amp to match, ive looked on the manufacture web sites..

VHCOMMO87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/X
I had a look on the clarion website and they have an amp that sounds ok its the XH7110

beej2beej

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE ssv A6
hey guys, in totally useless at this stuff but i have the 12' slimline kicker amp, thinks its the 400rms one, i power it with the kicker 400:1 mono block.... question is, i assume that is a 4ohm rating? is this amp able to switch to 2 ohm if i were to buy a second slimline sub? or will the the amp power the two subs ok with only 200rms to each?... like i said i have little knowledge on this and am keen to be knowlaged up a bit lol!

cheers heaps!

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
yeah sorry i see what you mean fark im retarded, i cant win. I know im getting the 4ohm subs i just cant find an amp to match, ive looked on the manufacture web sites..

Just get the 2ohm versions and get the Jaycar amp!! It's not hard, and it's the best bang for buck your going to get. You haven't taken any of the advice so far, like most people who post in this forum. Do yourself a favour and just follow the advice, i know it's not the advice you were wanting to hear, but it's the RIGHT advice.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
hey guys, in totally useless at this stuff but i have the 12' slimline kicker amp, thinks its the 400rms one, i power it with the kicker 400:1 mono block.... question is, i assume that is a 4ohm rating? is this amp able to switch to 2 ohm if i were to buy a second slimline sub? or will the the amp power the two subs ok with only 200rms to each?... like i said i have little knowledge on this and am keen to be knowlaged up a bit lol!

cheers heaps!

Is this your amp - Kicker ZX400.1 (10ZX400.1) Class D Mono Amplifier Car Amp