Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Kicker CVT shallow 2 ohm or 4 ohm

VHCOMMO87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/X
Could you guys give me some brand and model amps to match 2ohm subs and 4ohm subs, that way it will give me a better idea of which way to go, ill get the amp sorted first.

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
I don't mind spending the money on a decent amp, those two examples you gave helped clear things up which one out of those examples will sound the best? will be the loudest? will be the safest? and would be most cost effective? and that's what I will go with
Both will sound the same. Both will be the same volume. Both will be equally safe. Cost effective... You can buy a cheap Jaycar 1 ohm stable amp and do the 2 ohm subs, that's probably the cheapest way to go but it's not a brand name and I don't trust their reliability 100%.

Can't recommend models... Just go to the manufacturer's websites and find amps that make the power you want at the right impedance.

KAL SPL

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
Blown VS Calais !!
2 Pioneer TS SW251 10" flat subs
1 Pioneer GM D8500M mono
Thats my advice :) should be able to pick up new with warranty for $900 ish.

VHCOMMO87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/X
2 Pioneer TS SW251 10" flat subs
1 Pioneer GM D8500M mono
Thats my advice :) should be able to pick up new with warranty for $900 ish.

im pretty set on the kicker svt's ive read good reviews on them plus my mate has a 10 inch one in his ute and it sounds awsome, you can give me amp advice for the 2ohm version and 4ohm version of the kicker subs lol

VHCOMMO87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/X
hello all, im looking at the rockford fosgate prime R1200-1D amp to run 2 x 4ohm kicker CVT's

amp specs are:
400 x 1 @ 4ohms
800 x 1 @ 2ohms
1200 x 1 @ 1 ohms

would this am be good for 2 x 4ohm kicker CVT's

AmmoJammo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Wagon
I forgot about the Alpine amps only being 2 ohm stable... I'm sure they'd run 1 ohm, except for the stupid protection circuit.

yeah, that amp will be fine... *shrugs* doesn't really matter what we say, you'll do what you want anyway.

VHCOMMO87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/X
Look im happy to run either 2 ohm or 4 ohm subs i dont really care which, it just seems to be alot easier to find 2ohm stable amps that 1ohm stable amps, im just going for the cheaper option and that seems to be 4ohm subs at 2ohm load

AmmoJammo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Wagon
Look im happy to run either 2 ohm or 4 ohm subs i dont really care which, it just seems to be alot easier to find 2ohm stable amps that 1ohm stable amps, im just going for the cheaper option and that seems to be 4ohm subs at 2ohm load

...you just posted specs for a 1ohm stable amp... :banstick:

VHCOMMO87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/X
I realise that but its 1200 x 1 @ 1ohm i thought that would be to much power and blow the subs