Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Speed Cameras in POI (no alert)

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
Holden Customer Care were no help at all.
This is the question I sent them.

"I have 2014 VF Commodore SV6 Storm (VIN 6G1FB5E36ELxxxxxx.)
I received an email stating that new maps are available for the Satellite Navigation.
Do these new maps have the ability to display speed & safety camera locations as POIs?

If yes, does my model have the ability to set alerts for these cameras as per the attached image, or even display them on the screen?

The attached image is from 2017 model, I do not have these option in my menu.
Can my system be updated to give alerts, or is it only for newer models?
"
View attachment 190890

This is the reply I received.

Thanks for your email!

If you check out this link below, it has a general run down of what the updates include. However, if you want detailed info, I'd reccommend having a chat to your local dealership, they'd be able to provide that for you.
https://www.holden.com.au/owning/servicing
If there's anything else I can help you with, please let me know.
Have a wonderful weekend.

Mikayla W
Holden Customer Care

Wow. That is the kind of spin and evasiveness you would expect from a politician.

drady

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf R8 Clubsport
Well i think i got all the updates for for 2013 vf clubsport and maps - no reverse camera gridlines nor any safety camera POI. I hope the maps are up to date lol - and they did pick up a recall that HO and the dealer said had already been done. Images attached - not sure if anyone can make out if these are the latest.

Attachments

• 20170317_162810.jpg
    20170317_162810.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 349
  • 20170317_162816.jpg
    20170317_162816.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 352
  • 20170317_162859.jpg
    20170317_162859.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 346

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
Well i think i got all the updates for for 2013 vf clubsport and maps - no reverse camera gridlines nor any safety camera POI. I hope the maps are up to date lol - and they did pick up a recall that HO and the dealer said had already been done. Images attached - not sure if anyone can make out if these are the latest.

Hi drady,
Have a look through this thread - https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/vf-sat-nav.262527/page-4
There are some pics of what the latest numbers should be.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Well, I sent an email through to holdencustomercare giving the VIN and build date (07/2017) for my GEN-F2 GTS and asked the following questions:

1. The Mylink on my GEN-F2 GTS does not have the option to enable Safety/Speed camera location alerts. When I mentioned this at the 1,000km service I was told that this option had been discontinued. My current understanding is that software in the infotainment unit will need to be updated via the service department at my Holden dealership to enable this option. Can you confirm that this is correct, and that my Holden dealership, Booran Holden in Dandenong VIC, has the knowledge and skills to perform this update.
2. I recently received an email from Holden to say that a Mylink MAP update was available for my GEN-F2 GTS. Can you confirm whether or not this update is chargeable given that the car is only around eight months old.
3. I also understand that the current MAP update has (or had) issues in relation to user customisations being reset to factory defaults. Has this problem being rectified? I would like to get this MAP update implemented during my car's 15,000km service next month.

I received the following BS/boiler-plate answer. Which really didn't address any of my questions. Obviously a fob-off by first level "support":

"As your car is rather new, it should be installed with the latest updates.
If you believe it isn't up to date, I suggest asking Booran Holden to take a look, they will be able to see your system version and perform any neccessary updates.
The current software system doesn't give the safety alerts you've mentioned on your MyLink system.
There should be some comparable information such as speed limits that you can see on your heads-up-display though!
At Holden, my goal is to ensure that each and every customer receives a level of professional care that exceeds their expectations. I would like to invite you to tell us about your experience by completing a short 5-minute survey.
Your feedback is very important to me and will be reviewed closely. To complete the survey, simply click on the link below"

cdr8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF Maloo R8
Well, I sent an email through to holdencustomercare giving the VIN and build date (07/2017) for my GEN-F2 GTS and asked the following questions:"

After paying for my maps update at Barry Bourke in Berwick and not getting the camera alerts, GM Customer Care rang the service department and found they didn't have the latest version released on the 15th, so the car is going back in to be updated again and supposedly will have the camera alerts..

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Well I had a Quick look of our SV6 in Mylink and I found
Version 23466078 30.0f. 0d 34
Version 23470275 30.63.07.24
I will take a Photo of all of them before I get the Latest Map update so just in case they try to say the latest is installed but really its not NOT the Latest.

drady

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf R8 Clubsport
Well I had a Quick look of our SV6 in Mylink and I found
Version 23466078 30.0f. 0d 34
Version 23470275 30.63.07.24
I will take a Photo of all of them before I get the Latest Map update so just in case they try to say the latest is installed but really its not NOT the Latest.

How do you know these are maps software versions? Where did you find those?

vy_berlina03

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 SV6 Storm
So I have heard back from Hold Customer care this afternoon and have been advised that any MY15 or lower Build is unable to have the saftey cameras enabled as it only works on MY16-17 models.

I have advised them that their is a November MY15 model with the cameras and was advised that it is probably a MY16 but if I can provide the vin or more information they will look into it.

drady

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf R8 Clubsport
If we can get VINs with various models that would be good with them installed. Me I'd to see anyone with a MY14 VF 2013 Clubsport R8 with POI and Reverse Gridlines installed.