Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Sat Nav

Poor old Dad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais V
it needs to be pre-organised with Holden (they probably need to apply your VIN to the file or something like that)

Indeed it does.

Had the previous one done amidst General (Motors) confusion :)

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Just make sure you're totally clear on what's needed for the map update; it's possible I was lied-to, but if not, they can't just install it in your car on whim, it needs to be pre-organised with Holden (they probably need to apply your VIN to the file or something like that).
Sadly map data is vehicle specific and wrapped in GM security so they can extort a few more dollars from their customers. Even worse, Holden just can’t do the correct thing and make a map update portal available. Oddly Chevy SS owners can buy maps and update them without having to go to a dealer...

Fcuken Holden, get off your arse and fix this cause dealers are hopeless and it took them 2 days to do what I could and should have been able to do at home in my garage :mad:

Hq King

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS 2 Magnum
Sadly map data is vehicle specific and wrapped in GM security so they can extort a few more dollars from their customers. Even worse, Holden just can’t do the correct thing and make a map update portal available. Oddly Chevy SS owners can buy maps and update them without having to go to a dealer...

Fcuken Holden, get off your arse and fix this cause dealers are hopeless and it took them 2 days to do what I could and should have been able to do at home in my garage :mad:
Wow I did not know the ss owners could do that . That Sucks

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
You've got more chance of going down the boozer tonight for a pint and a parmi.
pst, haven't you heard... some are still open (on the sligh)...

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Is it true that when you go to a Holden Dealer and you want a latest Map update they the dealer has to order it (yes your VIN) and it takes up to one week to get it because in my case I asked for Mylink and new Maps and they gave me the Mylink update Immediately but they told me you will have to wait for a week to get the map update because Holden has to send them the CHIP to the Holden Dealer. What Chip!!! . I thought it was in a USB.
By the way all, I had three Stoke after I had the Vf Storm done so I'm totally forgot the procedure that I done before.

Poor old Dad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais V
Is it true that when you go to a Holden Dealer and you want a latest Map update they the dealer has to order it (yes your VIN) and it takes up to one week to get

I had mine done in 2018 and at that time dealer did have to "order" it specifically for my car (via vin).

I was told that it could take a few days to "arrive" but I think it was two days.

edit: when I say "arrive" I mean dealer could hook up to GMH server and download update.
Actually, I'm not sure now whether they downloaded it and then uploaded it to my car or it's uploaded directly to my car (via dealer's laptop) from GMH.

Last edited:

Trewella

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV - Redline Utility, Regal Peacock
Well my June 2013 VF SSV Redline is booked in for the pwr steering rack replacement next week. I asked the service advisor about updates to the mylink & maps & was told there was nothing. I mentioned I had screen freezes on starting & iphone 6 freezes, so she went ‘out back’ & surprisingly a mechanic knew all about it. He guided the lady through the screens to where any warranty/ or updates were recorded on my vehicle. No updates were recorded for mine. I asked about the maps (latest 2017) told that was $130 & requested that as well. Got a call next day & was recommended to wait for an update, actually talked me out of spending money!! Will see what happens.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Well my June 2013 VF SSV Redline is booked in for the pwr steering rack replacement next week. I asked the service advisor about updates to the mylink & maps & was told there was nothing. I mentioned I had screen freezes on starting & iphone 6 freezes, so she went ‘out back’ & surprisingly a mechanic knew all about it. He guided the lady through the screens to where any warranty/ or updates were recorded on my vehicle. No updates were recorded for mine. I asked about the maps (latest 2017) told that was $130 & requested that as well. Got a call next day & was recommended to wait for an update, actually talked me out of spending money!! Will see what happens.

if I remember correctly, when the most recent update was released (2017), you could pay $130 during a scheduled service or it was $189 if you took the car in just for the update. So, they might be trying to screw you out of mire cash!