Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What deal did you get on a VF?

Phown

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hot Wheels
I've seen two Sydney dealers advertising new SS manual sedans for $39,990 on road in the last 2 weeks. Northside Holden in Artarmon have a silver on at that price. They are also advertising a white demo SSV manual sedan for $44,390 on road (15 delivery Kim's on it). See the inventory list on their website. I'd give them a call ASAP.

As regards the comparison between a SS and a SSV the SSV gets quite a bit of additional features that I think make it worth the extra outlay (assuming the budget extends that far). If not then the SS is a good buy and I loved my VE Sportwagon SS.

Good luck.

Thanks mate, this is perfect.

Manual for me too... Otherwise you are just not driving IMO

MPC78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV manual sedan on order
Thanks mate, this is perfect.

Manual for me too... Otherwise you are just not driving IMO

Let us know how you get on. I'm hopeful of signing the order form tomorrow on a white SSV manual sedan my local dealer has in stock tomorrow. I'm happy with the price. Fingers crossed my wife doesn't get cold feet.

Delivery would only take a couple of days according to the salesman.

kingyinperth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2012 Heron SS Thunder Ute M6
Let us know how you get on. I'm hopeful of signing the order form tomorrow on a white SSV manual sedan my local dealer has in stock tomorrow. I'm happy with the price. Fingers crossed my wife doesn't get cold feet.

fingers crossed! don't forget to post a pic or three mate! Thursday at latest you should be driving it...:smoking:

MPC78

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah I'm paying $40k on road + the trade which they offered me $5,500 for. I'm lucky as I get a further discount of around $1,200 as my employer is a major fleet buyer from Holden even though this is a private purchase so around $38,800 out my pocket]

Change of plans. "We" decided the car had to be an auto (my wife is not a confident manual driver). For me that was a deal breaker initially. I got over that and decided to proceed. They had a Jan 14 build Perfect Blue SSV auto sedan arriving this week and they did a deal I was happy with.

The car has the big rear spoiler already fitted so I'll take it like that with tints and mats. Change over went up from $40k to $44k minus my discount of $1,250 from my employer. So around $43,750 all up including tints and mats.

Delivery early next week. Can't wait!!

Phown

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hot Wheels

Spoke to the salesman yesterday and he said they could prob do $5k for my trade, without seeing it. This was already $1k better than offered at my local dealership. The books say $5-6k... I told them I wanted $6.5k (just to try and push them up some)..

Visited my local dealership who basically said its a great deal and they cant match it, "put a deposit on it!" They said... I think they might have thought I was B.S'ing them...

I went in to Northside today so they could valuate my trade. It's taking a while and then out comes the sales manager... 'here we go' I was thinking. Bait'n'switch... 'The discount was only supposed to be for the weekend, we cant do $6k for your trade, the car is below cost, having said that I will honor the original deal over the phone yesterday'. Sweet...

So we shook hands. Done deal. $34,990 changeover price. They added the cost of the B&W plates to the invoice $60... I am not going to argue over $60.

I feel like I got a good deal on this one. Just need to finalise finance etc and she'll be mine :)

MPC78

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well done. That's a great deal and good to see a forum member was lucky enough to pick this one up.

Phown

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hot Wheels
I am picking it up today... cant wait...

I have to somehow get through the work day first though :-(

neevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sportwagon SV6
Some of these prices seem crazy low, what am I missing? Are people quoting changeover or purchase price?

Phown

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hot Wheels
I quoted change over of $34,990 after $5k trade in. So purchase price would be $39,990, drive away.

neevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sportwagon SV6
Wasn't directed at anyone specifically, just seems like pricing ranges 8-10k on a particular model which seems like a big swing. Think maybe it's not apples vs. apples or some people got a cracking deal on a brand new car.