Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What deal did you get on a VF?

zach77

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
$33k SV6 LPG with full leather and 2100kg tow pack. Car is ex Holden July 13 build with 20,000kms however. Not much to compare against if good price or not.

too jazzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
$33k SV6 LPG with full leather and 2100kg tow pack. Car is ex Holden July 13 build with 20,000kms however. Not much to compare against if good price or not.

not really a direct comparison, but auctions do have an advantage if your up for it, i reckon if no one bites the bullet at the fixed price which imo is about 3-4k higher then what it should be, you could probs get away with a really good deal. But then again some people get sucked into the hype of the auction and pay more than its worth

07/13, Holden, Commodore, VF SV6, Sedan - Pickles Auctions Australia

zach77

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Interesting 31k + stamp for petrol no leather or t bar. Thanks feel ok with my deal

Kenough

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
Anyone happen to know if dealers would be discounting Storms? Really keen to swap from my 86 (once i find a buyer) to a sv6 ute or sedan, would love to get one with sat-nav but stock of them are few and far between in my experience, but no point if the price of a normal one is thousands less than a storm. Anyone able to give me a good guide on what sort of price i should set as a target to achieve? Auto or manual is fine, preferably auto.

Foggsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SS Sedan M6
I've read that producing storms means they will stop producing the regular version as they will take the storm through to the end of the MY14 run with MY15's coming late this year, the storm is only $500 more and that includes Sat Nav. Could be wrong though. Let them price up their full retail BS like they always like to do, then knock 6 grand off that price and start your negotiating there and you won't get reamed for full retail.

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
There's not 6 grand in a VF, so good luck! A Storm is just as flexible as a regular SV6.

VF runs from End of March to End of June. Regular SV6 come back on in July for an undisclosed period time, probably only July and August with MY15 likely starting build in September.

GH05T

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
storm wont be hanging around for long, SII will come out late this year anyway.

there is #### all proffit margine in vf now, i know as i get paid on it, margine is like $1000 +hold back and FPA

ozzymac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CalaisV
Is it true that most of the VFs sitting in yards are 13 build but complianced 14?

At least that what my local dealer told me.

Luckily the colour we are after wasnt available so we need to wait to get one built.

cheers

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
Local production (Commodore, Cruze and Caprice) are always complianced as soon as they're built. Very rarely does a locally produced car get built in one year and then complianced the following year.

The majority of imports are built in the prior year and then complianced the following year.