Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Working Solution to Retrofit VF2 Bimodal mufflers

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Ive got one Mate,
Fitted a set of series 2 Electric Bimodals to My Series 1 Calais. Works as advertised.
Plug & play, Superfast delivery as well.
Very happy.
Thanks mate.
I'm waiting on a reply from the supplier as to whether they have enough components to make one up for me. I hope so. I've wanted to get these bi-modals working for a couple of yours now. I've blocked the pipes with the valves and it is not as loud and has less crackle. But, it still sounds great.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
I fitted the above kit. It works great. Goes from Calais quiet to nice and loud at the push of a button. My only problem is one of the actuators is stuffed.
Does anyone have a left hand bimodal muffler or actuator they want to sell?

PS:
The above kit cost $150 and arrived overnight. They are a great mob to deal with.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
My only problem is one of the actuators is stuffed.

it might just be stuck, unbolt it and use a spanner and wiggle the mechanism on the actuator back and forth and see if it moves.
you should be able to turn them by hand without any tools.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
it might just be stuck, unbolt it and use a spanner and wiggle the mechanism on the actuator back and forth and see if it moves.
you should be able to turn them by hand without any tools.
Thanks Stooge. I did that with the one that was making a noise when I powered it up. It freed up. The other side doesn't want to play ball though. Anyway, I fear in the end I may have gone too far one way and broken it inside.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Thanks Stooge. I did that with the one that was making a noise when I powered it up. It freed up. The other side doesn't want to play ball though. Anyway, I fear in the end I may have gone too far one way and broken it inside.

ahh ok, my first set were full of water someone must have put them in the dishwasher lol

Pigg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Commodore v6 Sportwagon
I fitted the above kit. It works great. Goes from Calais quiet to nice and loud at the push of a button. My only problem is one of the actuators is stuffed.
Does anyone have a left hand bimodal muffler or actuator they want to sell?

PS:
The above kit cost $150 and arrived overnight. They are a great mob to deal with.
I know this is a few years old hoping you still see this
I just brought a pair of series 2 bimodal mufflers going to put on my series 1 SSV and looking at buying the above retrofit module can you give me some tips on installing it and what spare fuse you used ? Cheers

The91kwbeast

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
I know this is a few years old hoping you still see this
I just brought a pair of series 2 bimodal mufflers going to put on my series 1 SSV and looking at buying the above retrofit module can you give me some tips on installing it and what spare fuse you used ? Cheers
I've bought the ultimate conversion wiring one and tried installing it today. Getting it grounded is easy enough, and I've worked out which fuse to tap.

But there are no actual instructions with the product which isn't great for $280.

Where I'm flat out stuck is working out how to get the wiring through the boot to where the mufflers are. The clips are quite big and there are no obvious holes that will let them fit.

I've emailed him today and once/if I can fully install will reply with more detail.

Pigg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Commodore v6 Sportwagon
I've bought the ultimate conversion wiring one and tried installing it today. Getting it grounded is easy enough, and I've worked out which fuse to tap.

But there are no actual instructions with the product which isn't great for $280.

Where I'm flat out stuck is working out how to get the wiring through the boot to where the mufflers are. The clips are quite big and there are no obvious holes that will let them fit.

I've emailed him today and once/if I can fully install will reply with more detail.
Lucky for you my friend I brought the kit and installed it myself it is quite easy the hard bit is as you say getting the plugs and wires threw to the mufflers, I’ll try to explain it but it is a real pain.
You have to move all the walling around where the battery in the boot and take the battery out and the metal box thing it sits in and under that there is a hole, then take off the heat shield from under the same side (left) under the heat shield there’s a hole with a rubber bung in it. The hole with the bung and the hole under the battery kind of line up. You then have to drill both holes out so the plugs from the wiring kit fit threw and then I sticky tapped the plug to a long peace of wire and fed it threw and then just put it all back.
I know this is a long explanation if you need further advice just private message me.

The91kwbeast

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Lucky for you my friend I brought the kit and installed it myself it is quite easy the hard bit is as you say getting the plugs and wires threw to the mufflers, I’ll try to explain it but it is a real pain.
You have to move all the walling around where the battery in the boot and take the battery out and the metal box thing it sits in and under that there is a hole, then take off the heat shield from under the same side (left) under the heat shield there’s a hole with a rubber bung in it. The hole with the bung and the hole under the battery kind of line up. You then have to drill both holes out so the plugs from the wiring kit fit threw and then I sticky tapped the plug to a long peace of wire and fed it threw and then just put it all back.
I know this is a long explanation if you need further advice just private message me.

Yeesh what a nightmare, that does explain why there are no instructions because if he provided them no one would buy it.

So that's the passengers side, drivers side someone else said to feed it through this hole but mine doesn't fit, did you have that issue?

Frankly this is now auto electrician stuff as if I have to remove the battery and wiring and reinstall it all it's getting past my skill level for something that everyone seems to be saying is easy, when it is obviously not

Thanks for the fast reply btw sorry a bit blunt I'm more less impressed at the business selling a $280 with zero instructions

crew chief

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK LS1 Turbo, WB Ute, VF 2300 Harrop
De-pin the plugs, taking note of wiring layout (take a photo) Lift the butyl tape on the floor of the boot (silver foil backed tape) close to the battery it covers a hole, feed both sets of wiring through the hole, neatly run 1 set across to the drivers side bi-modal re-pin the plugs and connect. 10-15 mins or so, I found it to be quite a simple job but think i extended some wiring from memory it was a while ago.