Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Working Solution to Retrofit VF2 Bimodal mufflers

John Revill

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.2L A6
John, certainly a market for pre-VF conversion and any other car willing to use those mufflers, congratulations on your elegant solution. I guess I should have asked for mine back, they might have been marketable new parts, as they only had 140km on them when I had them yanked out.
@Tryg Out of curiosity, Why did you changed them? Where they no loud enough?

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
one reason why the vac controlled units are VERY hard to find
they are a doddle to setup, connect and then use (on the go)
Maybe I need to pillage the vacuums off my HSV set and add to the VF2 set. What's involved in setting up the vacuum butterflies? Are they controllable? Or is it just a case of running a vacuum hose from the engine?

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Yes it is. The biggest problem I have at the moment is finding power at the back to run the mufflers as an ignition device so it doesn't draw power when accessories are on or the power is off. Haven't had a lot of time to work on it in the past couple of months.

Any updates on this ?

John Revill

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.2L A6
Any updates on this ?
The project is on hold at the moment. I am close to finishing my current project and will be back on the case in about a week. I will be making some changes to the circuit.

V1PER

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
The project is on hold at the moment. I am close to finishing my current project and will be back on the case in about a week. I will be making some changes to the circuit.
How did you go John? also is there a link to the dpp systems used in America? looking at picking up a set in the near future

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Anyone tried this unit?
received_784994925270612.jpeg

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Anyone tried this unit?
I have not tried it but because the info/schematics on how to build it are public knowledge HERE and elsewhere there wont be any reason it does not work as advertised.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
I have not tried it but because the info/schematics on how to build it are public knowledge HERE and elsewhere there wont be any reason it does not work as advertised.
Ok, fair enough. But I have no idea what arduino is? Some people just need plug and play.

Last edited: