Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Chinese Android Head Unit Review - $595

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
All the links work for me? Tried 2 devices.
Yes it's as factory. So if car turned off, will stay on until driver's door opens

Edit to add plaintext links
[URL][URL]https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001659837763.html[/URL][/URL] - Fakra connector
[URL][URL]https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004198195943.html[/URL][/URL] - head unit
These links work fine, strange the others don't work for me . The reason i asked about the on/off function is that the Aerpro wiring harness doesn't do this and i had to wire the main power of the head unit to the 12v socket in the console.
Are there any other functions that don't work such as the reversing side sensors that don't work . What does the aircon interface look like?
@Batca , you have heated seats? Just having Carplay/Android Auto makes this well worth the change

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
These links work fine, strange the others don't work for me . The reason i asked about the on/off function is that the Aerpro wiring harness doesn't do this and i had to wire the main power of the head unit to the 12v socket in the console.
Are there any other functions that don't work such as the reversing side sensors that don't work . What does the aircon interface look like?
@Batca , you have heated seats? Just having Carplay/Android Auto makes this well worth the change
The aircon interface pops up on bottom 1/4. If I remember I'll try to get a photo.
Lane departure warning, blind spot sensor, front and rear sensor all work with graphic display.

I think the only thing that doesn't work is heated seats.
For me, Ive used that function once (the week I bought the car!)

Batca

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv sportwagon
Nah only have the SSV so no heated seats.
But I remember was it the Alpine? unit from a couple of years ago I liked the look of, the reverse vehicle sensor wouldn’t work and with a S1 I’d also lose the CD media player.
Probably minor things in perspective but makes it harder for me to want to replace the factory with aftermarket.

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
The aircon interface pops up on bottom 1/4. If I remember I'll try to get a photo.
Lane departure warning, blind spot sensor, front and rear sensor all work with graphic display.

I think the only thing that doesn't work is heated seats.
For me, Ive used that function once (the week I bought the car!)
I think the only other function that doesnt work with the Aerpro is the reversing on coming traffic sensor , not sure what it's called

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
Nah only have the SSV so no heated seats.
But I remember was it the Alpine? unit from a couple of years ago I liked the look of, the reverse vehicle sensor wouldn’t work and with a S1 I’d also lose the CD media player.
Probably minor things in perspective but makes it harder for me to want to replace the factory with aftermarket.
Recently i managed to get a Alpine specific wiring loom with an Alpine module for my Halo9 from another Just Commodores member and looks like the reversing traffic sensor does work , but am yet to see it work in practise.
This came from the Commodore Alpine head unit

Batca

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv sportwagon
Recently i managed to get a Alpine specific wiring loom with an Alpine module from another Just Commodores member and looks like the reversing traffic sensor does work , but am yet to see it work in practise.
This came from the Commodore Alpine head unit
Could do mate I’m probably wrong. I went into see local guru Pete’s car audio here about a year ago to look at upgrading my set up as the SSV only has the povo with no rear door speakers etc.
We discussed pros and cons of the aftermarket head units as the Mylink was the weakest capability with upgraded speakers etc but wasn’t keen to lose the factory settings. He couldn’t guarantee that so cooled off on the idea.