Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

cams and timing chains done! cylinders misfiring though.

oi nah

Reaction score
Members Ride
rattletec
so started my timing chains and cams on friday, finished it today, farkkkk me it was pretty hard ahaha. ill probably make a thread on how to do that because there isnt one on here for cams.
anyway, so put everything back togther, went to start it, and it sounded like this:

i noticed my accessory belt was wet, so thought it may have been something to do with that, so i took it off, and it started up straight away, and was lumpy as ahaha. ill put a video of it, you need to be there in person, video dosent do it justice ahaha.

it was running a little rough, but thats to be expected, and then once the revs dropped to about 550, it sounded really rough:

and also lots of cylinder misfires and engine codes:

so im hoping this is from the cams. theres also codes for ignition coils. one thing i noticed is that the coils all had different numbers, and i put them in randomly. they all look the same i didnt think it would matter, and the wires all went in the right one. could that be it maybe? could explain the misfires.

could also be the cams though, just wondering if anyone would have any ideas. dont think its the chains as theres no codes for that, and i lined every mark up perfectly and checked it 10 times so doubt it would be that.

so could it be i just need a tune and that should fix it. because when its at cold start temp it runs almost perfect.

any help would be really appreciated, cheers.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Check the injector earth

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo

oi nah

Reaction score
Members Ride
rattletec
There's one in each side of the engine.
Check its got a 6mm bolt through it.
yep that fixed it
now its pissing oil everywhere and im not sure where its coming from, its near the ac compressor. i did leave a couple bolts out because i couldnt find the holes for them.
1707046722549.png
1707046725913.png
1707046735203.png

if you reckon you would know that would help heaps. im gonna pull the ac compressor off tommorow and see if i can find it. theres no codes either. its not the rocker covers, and from the looks it not the timing cover. ive ran it with the belt off and it still leaks.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Is it the power steering pump?

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Maybe put the bolts in that are meant to be there.

oi nah

Reaction score
Members Ride
rattletec
Maybe put the bolts in that are meant to be there.
yeah im gonna see if i can find the holes for them or see if there leaking from around there, id assume thats what it is. could be a dumb question but could it have cracked the head/block from the cams and rough idle. just a thought. trying to think of everything

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
yeah im gonna see if i can find the holes for them or see if there leaking from around there, id assume thats what it is. could be a dumb question but could it have cracked the head/block from the cams and rough idle. just a thought. trying to think of everything

No