Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1999 VS SIII S 5.0 Ute

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
seems the birds like the nice sounding 304 iron lion :) Utes you cant beat them, everyone should have one

whiskeytango

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SIII 5.0
seems the birds like the nice sounding 304 iron lion :) Utes you cant beat them, everyone should have one

Yeah it sounded amazing as I was the only car on the range at that time and the birds were in full force.
Utes are growing on me more and more but if everyone had one It'd ruin it.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah it sounded amazing as I was the only car on the range at that time and the birds were in full force.

I like my ute because it's versatile. I can carry loads and throw the dog in the back. Also can throw the RD in and head to the race track. Downside is can only carry two passengers. I could go dual cab but they are lose, lose. You lose the tub length and rear cab space is minimal.

whiskeytango

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SIII 5.0
I like my ute because it's versatile. I can carry loads and throw the dog in the back. Also can throw the RD in and head to the race track. Downside is can only carry two passengers. I could go dual cab but they are lose, lose. You lose the tub length and rear cab space is minimal.

Yeah my biggest problem is they're antisocial. Obviously they're handy as and I love it for that just annoying if you need to fit more people. Twin cabs are just a waster of time I'd prefer a station wagon with a trailer than a twincab any day.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
I'd prefer a station wagon with a trailer
This is what l have.
The trailer is only 6'x4', so no reg. is required. If need something bigger, l just go to wherever & hire it. Hasn't happened yet.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Yeah

Yeah , as a young bloke was lucky( need a van or ute = borrow my ol mans) but when he stopped working for himself = well!!!!!
Always remember 1996 I had an LH torri att = trying to fit a tig welder I'd bought in the boot= that's it I'm getting a ute .
Since then untill 2018 daily was = the utes I've owned a HQ 1 tonner and vr/ vs s and vu ss utes .
Daily became a hatch in 2018 but still got the maloo= can't imagine being without a ute for that choice / versatility .

whiskeytango

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SIII 5.0
This is what l have.
The trailer is only 6'x4', so no reg. is required. If need something bigger, l just go to wherever & hire it. Hasn't happened yet.

Yeah same. I have a filthy falcon wagon as a daily also but got rid of the trailer cause I have the ute. Just hire and tow with the wagon if I need a car trailer.
Great minds hey!

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Lol , in 6 years ( can't wait) my maloo will become a classy 4 wheeled box trailer = e.g. = club vego !!!!

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah same. I have a filthy falcon wagon as a daily also but got rid of the trailer cause I have the ute. Just hire and tow with the wagon if I need a car trailer.
Great minds hey!
I have work trailer that gets towed by ute. Since I lined the tub with Raptor and repainted the rails I don't carry anything that could potentially scratch it. I still use the carry bars to load lengths of timber. Also use ute to pick up loads from interstate and bring them across The Staight. Less than half the price ferry fare for a ute load than it is for a trailer load.

whiskeytango

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SIII 5.0
Lol , in 6 years ( can't wait) my maloo will become a classy 4 wheeled box trailer = e.g. = club vego !!!!
Cheap as chips that'd be the way! Love your Holdens by the sounds of it! I've only recently converted from like 12 years owing Fords. I can appreciate both now I'm a little grown up.

I have work trailer that gets towed by ute. Since I lined the tub with Raptor and repainted the rails I don't carry anything that could potentially scratch it. I still use the carry bars to load lengths of timber. Also use ute to pick up loads from interstate and bring them across The Staight. Less than half the price ferry fare for a ute load than it is for a trailer load.

My trays paint is so average I don''t care what goes in it. Will repaint it one day but when I do the whole ute in the future. Yours turned out real good and almost motivated me to do it but I lost it quickly lol.
I spent most of my childhood traveling from Vic to Launceston almost monthly and I must say I miss it. Not that ferry god that is a boring ride!