Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1st day owning Ve and towtrucked home

Simso1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve omega ute
not that it matters any more, but here is a photo of one of the tensioners before with the old chain and new tensioner with new chain fitted

so much wear, the weird part was the car made no noise prior to detenation

once i pull the motor, will remove all the parts we just fitted d keep them for this engine as clearly this is a ongoing issue with these motors

Attachments

• IMG_5823.jpeg
    IMG_5823.jpeg
    84.6 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_5824.jpeg
    IMG_5824.jpeg
    98.5 KB · Views: 59

Simso1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve omega ute
Hopefully next few weeks will get a chance to fit this one, just got it off the trailer, please let it have no issues :)

Attachments

• IMG_5821.jpeg
    IMG_5821.jpeg
    191.1 KB · Views: 74

OldBomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
i take it the chains & guides on the new one have been done? never trust anything someone tells you when buying a car. you should have heard some of the crap coming out of the salesman's mouth when i bought my mazda. felt like saying "just shut the f... up. i'm buying it for the service records & low kilometres (for its age)".

Last edited:

Simso1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve omega ute
i take it the chains & guides on the new one have been done?
nope, wanted to do it first, take the stuff we just fitted to the car and fit it onto this motor, but son recommended leaving it alone to start with as it has warranty.

OldBomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
dare say the warranty will be voided unless it's installed in a shop. read the conditions of the warranty, i guess.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
dare say the warranty will be voided unless it's installed in a shop. read the conditions of the warranty, i guess.

With the son being a mechanic, I'd get him to tee it up with the boss that it was done at his workplace....Warranty problem solved

Mickcc

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais 2016 Series 2
Looks like a rebuild or a new new engine you did your best but one hell of a way
how it is to buy a car privately scary sometimes but good luck the car is not the engine
I have done a few rebuilds on ford 272 and 292 Y blocks and my Toyota 1985 Short wheel base imported RJ 70
should have been a tractor it drives like a brick on the road had to replace a piston burnt out on the cylinder running well
till a year ago when i turned up the the idle screw on it flood the engine with full and nearly burnt the shed down there was fuel everywhere big mistake haven`t touched since now I have a few Chevy`s 350 1997 and rebuilding one of them
Good luck it`s all a learning curve

Last edited: