Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1st day owning Ve and towtrucked home

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
This, I bought a genuine kit from RevHigh a few months ago for about $600 which I thought was very reasonable.
Yeah I bought some PAC Racing springs off them, cheaper than anyone else. Being PAC they are far better quality too than the more commonly sold Crow ones that have issues with snapping.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I'll try to scan the pages tomorrow at work. I'll PM you as I will need an email address to send the PDF to you.

Simso1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve omega ute
What are the visual differences between the Ly7 and other variants, want to make sure i get the right set.

its a 2010 ute, will go hunting for the serial number tomorrow on the block, the rego papers show the engine number starting with ly7, but its one of thise things i never did check

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
LY7 will have a motor on the back of the inlet plenum that varies air flow.

On the front of the LY7 motor is two cam sensors each side. Two cam actuators each side.

blackvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS, VE SS ute, VZ SS crewman, VYSS, VX SS, VTSS
This, I bought a genuine kit from RevHigh a few months ago for about $600 which I thought was very reasonable.
always wonder why do people want a genuine kit when the GM chains are so **** to start with? Have they changed the chain or something?

blackvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS, VE SS ute, VZ SS crewman, VYSS, VX SS, VTSS
Oh dear. I was hoping you would be lucky and not see sludge like that but at least you know what's going on now.
I've just hit 300k in mine and never pulled the covers off. The suspense is killing me wondering if my hard work and clean oil has kept it clean or would it still look like yours..
like a few others just keep driving and hope its good.

uglyoldfatbastard

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SV6, 2010 International, 1996 VS Exec
OMG is there any way with a borescope you can check if this is happening to your engine
like when doing the next oil change to have a look in the sump or the oil cap
this is scary stuff
Drain the sump stick a borescope up and see how clogged the pickup is that will give you some indication. But if you have been doing 15,000km oil changes, using the wrong oil and skipped some oil changes "because the oil looked ok" then chances are high yours won't look much different.

Mickcc

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais 2016 Series 2
Drain the sump stick a borescope up and see how clogged the pickup is that will give you some indication. But if you have been doing 15,000km oil changes, using the wrong oil and skipped some oil changes "because the oil looked ok" then chances are high yours won't look much different.
Thanks uglyoldfatbastard

Ha Ha gotta laugh at that name
The service books tells me oil change has been done every 5000 kms
so will have a look then
have 3000 kms to go