Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2006 VZ SS Thunder 6.0ltr

ZOMBIE

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS Thunder 6.0
Hey boosted,

Yeah really like my ride.

Auto... Well I really liked this car with these rims, it had very low k's on it and I got it for a very good price!

Manual would be good but I thought I would go through tyre's too quickly and with my experience of manuals they are a pain in Peak hour traffic.

ZOMBIE

Kingston_99

383ci HTV2300 blown LS1!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute STROKED/BLOWN
softie.. manuals are for men "MANuals"

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
A decent manual conversion will cost (at least) half the price of a blower, and you get what? The ability to change gears when you want. Don't waste money on a conversion (IMO). Have you been in a blown car Zombie? If not we'll tee it up when I come down to Melb sometime soon.

ZOMBIE

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS Thunder 6.0
A decent manual conversion will cost (at least) half the price of a blower, and you get what? The ability to change gears when you want. Don't waste money on a conversion (IMO). Have you been in a blown car Zombie? If not we'll tee it up when I come down to Melb sometime soon.

Hey Wikky,

Yeah when say it like that, it makes sense... go the blower.
The whole manual thing is just good when want to give it a bit but i guess not having the manual keeps me out of trouble.
Ive never had the chance to be in a blown car. That would be great if you could take me for a spin.

ZOMBIE

luke641

ST33ZE: A Berlina Thing
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Berlina with Calais Bits
WOW this is a hectic car. A: Cause its A ute.. B: ITs a Thunder UTE. C: its on R8's and D: Exactly how ild make mine.

With your Head unit. Can it play/watch tv?

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
Hey Wikky,

Yeah when say it like that, it makes sense... go the blower.
The whole manual thing is just good when want to give it a bit but i guess not having the manual keeps me out of trouble.
Ive never had the chance to be in a blown car. That would be great if you could take me for a spin.

ZOMBIE

No worries at all mate. BUT, don't get me wrong, I'm not going to shove "buy a blower cos they're the be all and end all of power etc" down your throat. You may not like how the power and torque is delivered. You may find you prefer the power delivery of a turbo. That's why if you're serious about going forced induction you need to go for a drive in as many different cars as possible. That's where speaking to a few tuners and organising a ride in their cars is a top idea. I went for a drive in a heap of cars before deciding which way I wanted to go (single turbo, twin turbo, blower, big cam/head etc to stay naturally aspirated), and just loved the instant power of the blower. Anyway, I'll take you for a spin and you can go from there.

Kingston_99

383ci HTV2300 blown LS1!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute STROKED/BLOWN
do both if you have the $$$ blower and gearbox conversion. if i had an auto ute, i know what i would be changin first. lol

ZOMBIE

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS Thunder 6.0
WOW this is a hectic car. A: Cause its A ute.. B: ITs a Thunder UTE. C: its on R8's and D: Exactly how ild make mine.

With your Head unit. Can it play/watch tv?

Hey Luke641,

Thanks for the comments.

Yeah im pretty happy how it looks, I wanted something that turned heads and wasnt too over the top. Saying that I've been thinking Forced Induction haha.

The photos of the head unit arn't mine, they are photos of "VZ Storm Ute"'s set up and yeah he can watch TV on it.

ZOMBIE