Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2007 Calais V Check engine code p2127

Rivers56

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V
Hi all
Recently had a coolant leak (That's now fixed) so I was topping up with water before I fixed it and I accidentally spilled water on the TPS sensor on the side of the throttle body. Soon as I took off out of the drive way I got the code P2127 (Accelaration pedal sensor 2 APP2 signal low voltage). Took it all apart dried it all and it seemed fine for a couple days then came up again. Soon as this code comes up it stops the whole car turns ESP off and puts it into limp mode then after about 10 seconds I can drive again just with reduced power. I replaced the throttle body and sensor with a brand new genuine part and still happened again a few days later. I have then replaced the connector that plugs into the TPS and after 1 day later it happens again. All out of ideas and would be great full for any advice

Regards
Rivers56

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
It may just need to code cleared at a dealership?

Rivers56

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V
Sorry should of mentioned that I clear the code every time and it will come back up straight away. I have to wait a day before I can drive it for those few days with no code and then come up again.

Muke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 MY08
I'm slightly confused as to how a bit of water on the TPS has destroyed it. People hose down the engine all the time with no issue, I mean it's a sealed enclosure on the throttle body.

The code definition you've given is for the APP, so why replace the TPS?

Did you replace it yourself? Did you perform the throttle learn procedure?

Rivers56

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V
As soon as I wet it iv pulled out the drive way gone to take off and check engine limp mode and esp disabled. There was another code coming up with it to but it's gone since replacing the TPS. Can't remember exactly what it was but it was to do with acceleration. Yes I did replace it myself since it was an easy task of just 4 bolts. I had also read there was no learn procedure after replacing. Maybe this could be my problem?

Rivers56

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V
For anyone interested I found the throttle learn procedure. I gave it a go today just have to wait and see if the code appears

Throttle Learn
Description
The engine control module (ECM) learns the idle position of the throttle body to ensure the correct idle operation. Anytime the ECM or the throttle body is replaced, the ECM must learn the idle position. The engine idle may be unstable or a DTC may set if the idle position is not learned.
Conditions for Running the Idle Learn Procedure
• DTCs P0121, P0122, P0123, P0221, P0222, P0223, P0638, P2100, P2101, P2105, and P2119 are not set.
• The engine speed is less than 40 RPM.
• The vehicle speed is 0 km/h (0 mph).
• The accelerator pedal position is less than 14.9 percent.
• The ignition 1 voltage is more than 10 volts.
• The engine coolant temperature is between 5-85°C (41-185°F).
• The intake air temperature is between 5-60°C (41-140°F).
Idle Learn Procedure
Note:
• Ensure the above conditions are met before performing with this procedure.
• Do not perform this procedure if a throttle position (TP) sensor or other throttle actuator control (TAC) system DTCs are set other than P2176. The ECM will not perform the idle learn procedure with a DTC set.
1. TurnOFFtheignitionfor30seconds.
2. Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF for 60 seconds.
3. TurnOFFtheignition.
4. Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
5. CleartheDTCswithascantool.

Rivers56

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V
Generic P2127 reading from Dashcommand on my iphone says
Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch "E" Curcuit Low

Holden VE codes on this PDF ( http://www.tech-online.com.au/TechOnline/articles/a5/a59f3cc4-5590-4981-98ca-58646f127efc/3192.pdf ) says
Accelaration Pedal Position Sensor 2 (APP2) signal low voltage

Should I be changing the accelerator pedal? Maybe something has short circuited on contact with the water and damaged the sensors on the actual pedal?

Any more advice would be greatly appreciated. Nothing worse than going to take off at the lights with cars behind you and this code comes up leaving you stationary for 10 seconds until it will let you drive off.