Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2007 VE Commodore BCM not communicating

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Diagnosing faults just doesn’t work on guesses.

The network needs to be explored with a picoscope and a lot of back probing.

VT2Commie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Clubsport R8
The only way you are going to get it to work from here is a 1 day subscription access to acdelco SPS2 and get security access onto the fake arsed Tech2.

Risk it for the biscuit.

This is also after the relative diagnostics for the DTC's are followed systematically.

It will also depend on the version of software in the fake arsed Tech2, if it's not the latest then you will have to risk it and update the firmware of the Tech2 while you have the 1 day subscription.

I'm also pretty sure the fake arsed PCMCIA card in the Tech2 wont take to programming. It's just a cheap write once only card.

Or just tow it to a good Holden Certified Service Centre with a qualified technician, they'll have it fixed in no time I'm sure.

Last edited:

uglyoldfatbastard

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SV6, 2010 International, 1996 VS Exec
1 day subscription access to acdelco SPS2 and get security access onto the fake Tech2.
SPS2 no longer works in pass through mode with Tech 2's you have to use a J2534 pass through or MDI or MDI 2 - clone or original makes no difference.

VT2Commie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Clubsport R8
SPS2 no longer works in pass through mode with Tech 2's you have to use a J2534 pass through or MDI or MDI 2 - clone or original makes no difference.

With Tech2win

uglyoldfatbastard

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SV6, 2010 International, 1996 VS Exec
With Tech2win
No just saying if the BCM needs programming SPS2 and a tech2 just won't cut it anymore.
You can still use the tech 2 for normal TIS stuff just not for full speed programming.
Tech 2 in pass through mode is only capable of 9600 baud whereas the J2534, MDI and MDI2 can do 115,200 and that is why the tech 2 can't keep up with SPS2 for programming.
It's basically obsolete but can still be used for normal DTC chasing and clearing and programming keys etc.

Mon-aro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Wagon, VF ute
Ok guys so after a long week battling to figure out if the BCM is fried. So came to conclusion the bcm is fine, the data has been scattered! Long story short reprogramming through acdelco sorted things out for the bcm, and the car started fine. Now i have to reprogram all modules.

I used my tech2, connected it to techline connect. Will keep updating as how i go through it.

Here is a photo of latenight programming in the backyard

Attachments

• IMG_0198.jpeg
    IMG_0198.jpeg
    611 KB · Views: 39

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Ok guys so after a long week battling to figure out if the BCM is fried. So came to conclusion the bcm is fine, the data has been scattered! Long story short reprogramming through acdelco sorted things out for the bcm, and the car started fine. Now i have to reprogram all modules.

I used my tech2, connected it to techline connect. Will keep updating as how i go through it.

Here is a photo of latenight programming in the backyard
It's good that you persevered!
You're nearly there!