Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2007 VE Commodore BCM not communicating

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Not sure on VE. Great little tool though. Exploring this fault will take more than a scan tool.

Mon-aro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Wagon, VF ute
Not sure on VE. Great little tool though. Exploring this fault will take more than a scan tool.
My eeprom programmers doesnt read 93xxx eeprom, so bought another programmer EZP2019 it read the eeprom but bl**dy cant write, What a luck. I have tech 2 but im worried it wont communucate with acdelco as im sure it a clone. ( it came with a car i bought a while ago )
Last resort is tge ilink400AU if that doesnt fix it then i will tapout. ;(

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
They won’t fix it because your problem is easily going to be something else. It could be wiring between the modules or a faulty connector, or any one of the modules or any combination of modules.

Mon-aro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Wagon, VF ute
They won’t fix it because your problem is easily going to be something else. It could be wiring between the modules or a faulty connector, or any one of the modules or any combination of modules.
My problem is the BCM, when the old bcm was plugged the car wont turn on and Tech cant communicate with it.

When i got the replacement BCM the car starts fine, key locks and unlocks the car. Windows working. Lights working the car started few times. But then start just to crank but doesn starts. Whereas before it wasnt cranking at all. So im somehow certain once i reprogram the replacement BCM it should be fine. I know few blokes in sydney. But my arrogancy wants to DIY it so lets see where that ends .

• Haha
Reactions: Lex

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
I’d be wanting data to prove the fault.
Keep the forum updated.

Reactions: Lex

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Do you know if ilink400AU will do the programming? I posted a video above. I ordered one and supposed to be here tomorrow
I bought one (ilink400au https://www.azscanners.com.au/viden...MIh6mKu8O4-AIVkppmAh3RiQ2QEAAYASAAEgLU0PD_BwE ) for programming vt clusters.
It can't programme vt - vy clusters, but , according to the seller it can programme ve clusters.
It can link modules on vt ve, as far as l'm aware.

If not sure, why not ask the seller first before ordering?

Mon-aro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Wagon, VF ute
I bought one (ilink400au https://www.azscanners.com.au/viden...MIh6mKu8O4-AIVkppmAh3RiQ2QEAAYASAAEgLU0PD_BwE ) for programming vt clusters.
It can't programme vt - vy clusters, but , according to the seller it can programme ve clusters.
It can link modules on vt ve, as far as l'm aware.

If not sure, why not ask the seller first before ordering?
It definetly doesnt do VE'S got mine today and was very excited to link the BCM and boom! It doesnt do VE'S programming and the option is not even there. The link of the video is for VZ only. The seller should be more clearer about what this device can or cant do and to what models.

Now Plan B for me is to clone the BCM and see how I go. Hopefully this bloke I know could do it today. Will keep the forum updated.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
It definetly doesnt do VE'S got mine today and was very excited to link the BCM and boom! It doesnt do VE'S programming and the option is not even there. The link of the video is for VZ only. The seller should be more clearer about what this device can or cant do and to what models.

Now Plan B for me is to clone the BCM and see how I go. Hopefully this bloke I know could do it today. Will keep the forum updated.
Maybe if your tech 2 can't communicate with the bcm, neither can the i400.
So, as @Fu Manchu said earlier its probably a wiring issue?

Mon-aro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Wagon, VF ute
Maybe if your tech 2 can't communicate with the bcm, neither can the i400.
So, as @Fu Manchu said earlier its probably a wiring issue?
It definetly the BCM as mentioned in one of my replys when i plugged in the replacement BCM the car started whereas it never used to start with original BCM. Gonna wait and see after the cloning if that didnt fix it then wont bother anymore

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
It definetly the BCM as mentioned in one of my replys when i plugged in the replacement BCM the car started whereas it never used to start with original BCM. Gonna wait and see after the cloning if that didnt fix it then wont bother anymore
But now it doesn't start again?