Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

200kw na v6

MaN|aC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 4.2 S/C
cool they can help me to pay off my 13 grand loan on the stroker and raptor :rofl:

vpcalais6

F#%ING [P] PLATER
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
V6 manual vp Calais
thanks for all the comments guys ill deffinetly be doing it

ill let everyone no if i make the 200kw but i would be happy with a bit less

KiWi1

11.00@126 Miss dat ****
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dead 11sec VX SS, Defected VP Ute
Well for what i had to get 117.8rwkw on my 320,000km VP, was only

Backyard exhaust
Backyard airbox.

IMGP0778Large.jpg

I havent been back on the dyno since my cheapo extractors were fitted, VR seriesII injectors. VN V8 T/B and some hackjob manifold grinding LOL.

My best is 15.17 @ 94mph but with the 4.11's i fry them in 1st gear, and that was leaving it in D the whole run.

Pending geting my Harmonic Balancer replaced today, and other issues, im goin to run her at calder on fri, with my ET Streets.

Simon

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
is see the VP is ute? consider a couple of cement bags in the tray over the axle for traction.

entcrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt
ok ok, v8 do sound good, but how many times have u seen a high hp v8 get flogged by a 6, look at the holden red 6 in the toranas, horsepower and cubes do mean little unless your doing a fully blown dragster, ive seen hot red motor 6 cyclinder toranas flog chevs so dont let anyone tell you that a v6 wont ever gett the hp or times u want, hp and final 1/4 times have little in common,
go for it, build a hot 6,
30 years ago they said a red 6 would never beat a 350 chev, take a look now!
once people start exploring and expermenting it happen, maybe not tomorrow but it will happen

vpcalais6

F#%ING [P] PLATER
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
V6 manual vp Calais
yeah it will happe with everyone telling me it cant be done it makes me wanna do it more so once i pay my very little debts off not lol i will be starting and see how i go ill keep it up 2 date

cant wait to finish it and get the final power figures

entcrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt
true times come from the 1/4 not the dyno, build a hot 6 and hit the 1/4 mile
paper means nothin on the strip

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Calder park arent fans of that, do they allow that at Champion bro?

not sure. don't see a lot of utes but i don't get down there much. the last ute i saw had a thick stainless steel plate in the tray. i assume it was extra balast

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
ok ok, v8 do sound good, but how many times have u seen a high hp v8 get flogged by a 6, look at the holden red 6 in the toranas, horsepower and cubes do mean little unless your doing a fully blown dragster, ive seen hot red motor 6 cyclinder toranas flog chevs so dont let anyone tell you that a v6 wont ever gett the hp or times u want, hp and final 1/4 times have little in common,
go for it, build a hot 6,
30 years ago they said a red 6 would never beat a 350 chev, take a look now!
once people start exploring and expermenting it happen, maybe not tomorrow but it will happen

Have you been eating carbon paper??? 3 things that make you go fast: Power, torque and minimal weight. Doesn't matter whether it is a top fuel dragster or grandma's corolla - it is all the same. Power is a function of air/fuel burn over time. Some engines are more efficient in pumping that mixture than others whilst most smaller capacity engines rely on RPM and forced induction to try and pump as much air as their larger capacity counterparts. No question however that in most cases the larger the donk, the higher your upside in potential power.

Now to the question at hand.... The Buick/ecotech motor has been around long enough for it's performance limits to be very well known. 200RWKW from a NA V6 would be a very short term motor even assuming you could get it there. I have never seen anybody credibly quoting that number for that engine.

It appears the V6 stroker motors are a huge cost for minimal gain and the cheapest way to get good power from those motors is the good old blower or snail technology.

Reaper