Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
the VE wont prime the pump with every key turn, so prime it and then leave key off for 60 sec or so then prime again (make sure u hear it) then see if it starts better, that will let u know if its bleeding back over time and loosing the fuel in the lines, not all keep actual pressure in the lines over night but as long as the fuel is in the lines it will pressurize up instantly, but if the fuel drains back out then filling the lines takes more then the prime time

That is exactly what I thought !,
The Toy Tank Units from one hung low dont cut it ! and they are FU

No pun intended to @Fu Manchu

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
With regards to this, why does it fire first go on cold start up. Wouldn't this theory be mostly seen firing cold start ups as the vehicle has had the most amount of time for the lines to depressurise?
Vapor,

A sniff of Vapor usually Fires you Up !
Hot or Cold !
And the LS2 :p

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
With regards to this, why does it fire first go on cold start up. Wouldn't this theory be mostly seen firing cold start ups as the vehicle has had the most amount of time for the lines to depressurise?
try it anyway could have something weird going on, (i was thinking opposite cold issue) been tuned or standard ? if u know its at a time where its not going to start then spray some ''start u bastard'' into it and see if that fires right up then u know if its fuel related, if still not then maby spark related

Rynno2010

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VE Thunder
try it anyway could have something weird going on, (i was thinking opposite cold issue) been tuned or standard ? if u know its at a time where its not going to start then spray some ''start u bastard'' into it and see if that fires right up then u know if its fuel related, if still not then maby spark related
For sure! It's really the last thing left on the list until I'd have to get it looked at turning wise.

I bought the car when It had 70k on the clock so who knows what the previous owner did with it!

Bill Dvdsn

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSVE Commodore Ute
Hey Guys!

Got a really odd starting issue with the LS2 in the VE SS Thunder.

Ever since I bought the car I've had this fault and now I'm actively staying to fix the bloody thing!

Fault: Vehicle fails to fire on first ignition or cranks over for a exceedingly long time before firing.

Occurrence: After turning off the vehicle between 30mins - 6 hours.
The vehicle is completely fine on cold start ups and on off.

I have currently replaced the cam and crank angle sensors and failed to see any difference in the fault!

If anyone has any suggestions to where to go next it would be much appreciated as I'm loosing my mind over this a little!

Thanks!!
Same issue, starter!

John2020

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Thunder 6.0 LS2
Same issue, starter!
So you've had the same issue? And did the starter fix it?

Every time I turn the vehicle over it sounds like it has enough juice, it always cranks over.

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
For sure! It's really the last thing left on the list until I'd have to get it looked at turning wise.

I bought the car when It had 70k on the clock so who knows what the previous owner did with it!
Not quite the last thing.
If you have a spare remote try that, or, change the battery in the current remote.
Also, once it has not started, remove and replace key and try again. Costs nothing to do this.

LS2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais V 6.0
Don't know if you have tried this yet but, Disconnect Neg battery for 5 mins then reconnect, Also try cleaning the throttle body butterfly and map sensor..

Hope this helps.;)