Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2015 VF SV6 LACK OF POWER (FLAT SPOT)

inland radio

Reaction score
Members Ride
sv6 auto
Yeah might give that a shot its likely you are correct being a rental. why put 95 in it though, ive always used 98 find it gives better response

I have an oct. 2013 build vf6 auto.....on the fuel cap it says e85, e10 etc. is suitable....maybe they have fuelled up most times on e85.....I have always fuelled up on e95 or e98 since new...it has only done 30,000kms....as far as putting pedal to the metal...it takes off like the " bats out of hell " with no hesitation at all.

Last edited:

occtec

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 MY15
Hey Guys, quick update. So after 4 days without my car City Holden did all their diagnostics, only to run into a brick wall :-( they also reckon comparing it to another Sv6 and running all diagnostics that i runs like other SV6's, im not sure what im expecting but one thing for sure is that id like to be able to place my foot lightly on the go pedal and get response without lag/hesitation/flatspot whatever youd like to call it, maybe i should have just spent the extra penny and got myself a V8, but ive also been told that with all these new emission laws etc the V8 is no different in that aspect, even one of the sales guys said the only time you really here the V8's roar is when you have your foot right down otherwise if one drove past ya, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference unless you saw the SS badge or the like.. On a positive note and for customer satisfaction they did replace the throttle body and the steering rack due to loose feel. I also had some issues with window tint i had fitted at Metro Holden where i purchased the vehicle from, it had this kind of liquid jelly effect on the side windows, they offered to remove it and refund which i agreed to and had it done before it went into City Holden for the other stuff. During its stay at City's i had the car tinted using CXP18 and absolutely love it, the only drama is they found damage done by Metro Holden on the door trims when they removed the tint. So after i got my car back i finally had enough and made an appointment to speak to the dealer principal at Metro's who surprisingly was really nice and helpful!! My car is awaiting to go to a crash shop where they will not only replace all my door trims with brand new ones, but i found that in the shade my car showed up a lot off swirl marks, the dealer principal said they will cut and polish my paintwork and then re-apply the paint protection we originally purchased, free of charge. He did mention that this may take a few days and had offered me to drive another VF SV6 as a loaner to compare the performance over this period. So all in all it seems like im progressing in the right direction, slowly but surely i hope to be a proud owner of my beloved VF Sv6. Also had the LED DRL Tailights fitted, they look awesome, they have given the car such a facelift when compared to the stockies. Thanks guys for all the advice and direction, i love this forum and you guys make it fantastic. Thanks again, CHEERS!!!

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Hey Guys, quick update. So after 4 days without my car City Holden did all their diagnostics, only to run into a brick wall :-( they also reckon comparing it to another Sv6 and running all diagnostics that i runs like other SV6's, im not sure what im expecting but one thing for sure is that id like to be able to place my foot lightly on the go pedal and get response without lag/hesitation/flatspot whatever youd like to call it, maybe i should have just spent the extra penny and got myself a V8, but ive also been told that with all these new emission laws etc the V8 is no different in that aspect, even one of the sales guys said the only time you really here the V8's roar is when you have your foot right down otherwise if one drove past ya, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference unless you saw the SS badge or the like.. On a positive note and for customer satisfaction they did replace the throttle body and the steering rack due to loose feel. I also had some issues with window tint i had fitted at Metro Holden where i purchased the vehicle from, it had this kind of liquid jelly effect on the side windows, they offered to remove it and refund which i agreed to and had it done before it went into City Holden for the other stuff. During its stay at City's i had the car tinted using CXP18 and absolutely love it, the only drama is they found damage done by Metro Holden on the door trims when they removed the tint. So after i got my car back i finally had enough and made an appointment to speak to the dealer principal at Metro's who surprisingly was really nice and helpful!! My car is awaiting to go to a crash shop where they will not only replace all my door trims with brand new ones, but i found that in the shade my car showed up a lot off swirl marks, the dealer principal said they will cut and polish my paintwork and then re-apply the paint protection we originally purchased, free of charge. He did mention that this may take a few days and had offered me to drive another VF SV6 as a loaner to compare the performance over this period. So all in all it seems like im progressing in the right direction, slowly but surely i hope to be a proud owner of my beloved VF Sv6. Also had the LED DRL Tailights fitted, they look awesome, they have given the car such a facelift when compared to the stockies. Thanks guys for all the advice and direction, i love this forum and you guys make it fantastic. Thanks again, CHEERS!!!
Have you driven the car with the new steering rack? Does it feel different?

occtec

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 MY15
Have you driven the car with the new steering rack? Does it feel different?

Initially i thought, hey i don't really feel much difference here, but after a couple days of driving it seems like its firmed up a bit, doesn't seem to have that loose centre feeling when driving at high speed where before i felt like i had to constantly move the steering wheel left and right to keep it straight.

Why do you ask??

CalaisNQ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Calais V V8 , VS Calais, VS Ute & VZ SV6
Good to see you've had some progress. Hopefully the loan car will be a good comparison to other issues you've having.

occtec

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 MY15
Hey guys, another quick update. So the car went back into City Holden as i was still having some trouble with it running rough at idle, when sitting at the lights etc, almost felt like a misfire but it wasn't. Anyway long story short the guys at City's finally sorted out the issue with loss of power etc... Apparently they did a carbon clean and went as far as cleaning out the piston bores, apparently they soaked the inlet valves overnight in some detergent. Not only did this fix my rough idle but i finally have the power of the SV6 as it should be, im now absolutely stoked as my car is now running like it should and there is now NO DELAY :D I am although still having some issues with vibration felt through the steering once you hit 90 which is more noticeable at 100k+ not sure how this will be resolved but i believe they have swapped the tyres on the rims, re-balanced, wheel alignment etc.. They have also looked at the tyres but there is nothing that points to a tyre problem. Last time they fitted a new steering rack, which initially it felt quite loose at your average metro speed but once on the highway it seemd to have firmed up a bit. After this last visit it seems that the steering now feels nice and firm at low speed but once you hit around 100k+ it seems to feel loose again, the feeling is like when the steering wheel is in centre position like you are trying to balance it between left and right to try and keep it centre, hopefully ive described that well. Any ideas would be appreciated in regards to the steering feel and the vibration. City Holden are waiting for some feedback as ive only just got the car back yesterday. Cheers