Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

20in wheel upgrade?

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
Can anyone with the 20" wheel option (either dealer fitter or factory) tell me if they got a matching spare?

Got a mate who just bought a new SSV Redline with the HF20 optioned wheels and only gave him 4, with a stock redline wheel as the spare.

Is this normal?

yep factory fitted HF20 got a HF20 spare alloy, thats how they should be.

bLackjackj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
yep factory fitted HF20 got a HF20 spare alloy, thats how they should be.

I think its up to the dealer. There is an option for a 5th to oder. I remember doing a swap for 20"hf's and got the stock spare. The dealer receives the car with the stock and then swaps for the 20's, returning the 19's back to supplier.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
I think its up to the dealer. There is an option for a 5th to oder. I remember doing a swap for 20"hf's and got the stock spare. The dealer receives the car with the stock and then swaps for the 20's, returning the 19's back to supplier.

thats only if dealer fit, if factory build/order car comes with 5 HF20 alloys.

BigDog80

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSVR
Maybe a really dumb question, but if you've got HF20s fitted to the car but a 19 inch spare in the boot, what happens when you need to use the spare? It would have to be the case that the aspect ratio / rim diameters for HF20s and 19s are the same, right? Does anyone know?

PS: I'm getting the same runaround with my dealer who's saying the HF20s are factory fitted but there's a 19 in the boot. Pain in the butt having to work through all of this with the dealer...

EXTNCT

Reaction score
Members Ride
TBA [EXTNCT] and 1987 VL Calais 5.0 [NOT03L]
Mine said that too.

Maybe that was the case with MY16?

The MY17 booklet clearly lists a 20x8.5 spare with the HF-20 option.

I'll be getting one - one way or another.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Maybe a really dumb question, but if you've got HF20s fitted to the car but a 19 inch spare in the boot, what happens when you need to use the spare? It would have to be the case that the aspect ratio / rim diameters for HF20s and 19s are the same, right? Does anyone know?
Yes, the overall diameter of the tyre on your spare is the same as the overall diameter of the tyre on the HF20's ... or close enough it makes no difference. However, you're speed limited on the spare, I suspect it'll be 80km/h.

MY17DIR

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 LE Director....
When you go via the Holden website and select the HF20 option for a redline it says in brackets (4).

LastV8?

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VF2 Redline
When you go via the Holden website and select the HF20 option for a redline it says in brackets (4).
Agree this is misleading but this is what the 2017 brochure says (Redline is last column):
upload_2017-2-14_9-23-1.png

And my dealer assured me I would be getting a 20in spare (for my $1500) and they wouldn't lie to me would they? :)

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
People sometimes ask me " y dont i lower my vf2 ssvr " n this is the reason y : holden have retuned the fe3 suspension , retuned front n rear dampers , the rear springs have been softened a little bit n rear stabiliser bar has also been improved for vf2 : it all makes for a much better ride than vf1 ssvr was thats for sure but handles in still the same way : basically just leave factory set up as is as far as im concerned ☺

I'm with you, I lowered a WH statesman by a fair degree a few years back and if I drove over a coin I could tell you if it was heads or tails...never again. Stock for me these days :)