Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

20in wheel upgrade?

Johnwantsmore

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV redline
Ok can some1 shed some light plz....

All over ebay there advertising HF20, 4 @ 20x8.5 and they are saying they are all genuine.
But the holden website states the rear should be 20x9 to fit 275's on the rear...

From factory should be (2) 20*8.5 & (2) 20*9 yes???

the SV6 and SS have the option of 20" x 8.5 all round

ssv is 20 x 8.5 front and 20 x 9 rear

Martyr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS
the SV6 and SS have the option of 20" x 8.5 all round

ssv is 20 x 8.5 front and 20 x 9 rear

If I own a VFII SS, what are my options for fitting new rims? (I hate the stock ones)
Can I bolt on the SSV SSVR stocks? (staggered)
Or am I restricted to 4 of **x8.5 as above?

What about suspension? can I just walk into a shop and ask for FE3?

saroadie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm
If I own a VFII SS, what are my options for fitting new rims? (I hate the stock ones)
Can I bolt on the SSV SSVR stocks? (staggered)
Or am I restricted to 4 of **x8.5 as above?

What about suspension? can I just walk into a shop and ask for FE3?
Staggered rims will bolt right on no problem.
FE3? What do you want? Redline ride or lower ride height?

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Can someone with factory HF20s please post a pic of your tyre placard?

From my Ute.

img_4822a-jpg.194021

chunda

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 vf2 ssv redline
Can anyone with the 20" wheel option (either dealer fitter or factory) tell me if they got a matching spare?

Got a mate who just bought a new SSV Redline with the HF20 optioned wheels and only gave him 4, with a stock redline wheel as the spare.

Is this normal?
my 17ssv redline came with 20inch factory fitted wheels and has full size same design / colour black rim/tyre in the front sized wheel

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
my 17ssv redline came with 20inch factory fitted wheels and has full size same design / colour black rim/tyre in the front sized wheel
There's all sorts of things that could have happened ...
You could get the factory fitted wheels & of course they arrived at the dealer with the wheels fitted - and also the matching spare.
You could get the same wheels fitted by the dealer, and if you paid full price it was more expensive & by default didn't have the matching spare.
You could get a set of 5 wheels fitted by the dealer, more expensive again.
You could negotiate with the dealer to get it to cost the same dealer-fit as factory-fit (dunno why - maybe to get a car in stock?); and you may or may not know about the spare situation so may or may not get it included.
You might have ordered the factory wheels & the dealer found a car already fitted with 4 wheels on another lot; and organised to have it sent over, and forgot about the spare.
You might have ordered the factory wheels & the dealer (or manufacturer) somehow stuffed-up the order, and when it arrived the dealer went "oops" and fitted the 4 wheels or the 5 wheels depending on how much they were paying attention.

chunda

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 vf2 ssv redline
I had the dealer physically check and tell me that my car had correct spare as per wheels fitted to the redline. I also checked myself at the dealership. There are always so many things going through your head when picking up a new car. so you would expect the dealer /sales person to ensure your car is as ordered.