Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

8 days without any postings....and weeks without seeing a ZB on the road

Badgerdog

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Calais V
Massive respect from me for one of the greatest engines ever made, the mighty Barra. FPV F6's were real belters and could easily withstand some serious "treatment"
GM apparently have 4 engine plants around the world making these 3.6 engines and one of them is in Mexico which probably explains quite a lot lol
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_High_Feature_engine

Badgerdog

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Calais V
Thanks for the link. Technically it looks like quite an advanced engine and I think not enough has been made of the significant power increase over the 3.6 engine in VF2 Commodore, a net 20 kw gain is no small thing with a naturally aspirated engine.

250 kw v 235 kw. Sometimes there is quite a difference between how the American's measure the power and how its ascertained and measured for Australasian applications, maybe the case in this instance ?
Different outputs in other applications, see here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_High_Feature_engine

StrayKiwi

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY18 ZB VXR
I would suggest that the priority in tuning the LFX engine in the VF2 was for the flattest possible torque curve so they deliberately sacrificed top end power. And I also note that the older model Cadillac ATS and CTS were getting similar power output to the LGX from their tuning of the LFX.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
This thread is starting sound like a car salesman banter thread.

redvxr8clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 & VE SS
WTF! http://gmauthority.com/blog/gm/gm-engines/lgx/

In the Cadillac CTS and ATS the same LGX V6 engine that's in the ZB develops 250kw/386nm! I wonder how hard it would be to mod the ZB's engine to produce 250kw?

See this from Overview in that link
Enlarged bore centers of 103 mm (compared to 106 mm on the LFX-

How is 103mm a larger bore centre than 106mm? I assume they got the measurements reversed?

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
Yep. Definitely Holden employees I reckon
Are you saying that Holden stooges are in this thread now, as part of their reputed marketing strategy to increase the ratio of positive comments?

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Are you saying that Holden stooges are in this thread now, as part of their reputed marketing strategy to increase the ratio of positive comments?
I think tuckerbag finds it impossible to say anything positive about post VF Holden.