Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

90000 km service

mantaray56

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 Z
Hi I know it has probably been discussed until everyone is sick of it, but i have just moved from Adelaide to Ormond Vic, and need to get our car serviced.
Any help of where to go, not just a list from google, but somewhere decent . Thought of going to a dealer near us, I know they charge a bit, but when you don't know anybody....
Anyway thanks for any help;)

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
Would you consider doing it yourself? Very simple on a VE.

Oil as per your books......5-W30.....Your choice.....I'm on Castrol Magnatec, and will be changing to NULON Semi Synthetic next time (9 month change) at $20.00 per 5 litres on special.....You need 6.5 litres, so buy 3 cans for 2+ changes.....Plus oil filters.

Drop oil.....Use a 15mm ring spanner. Lift off near side plastic cover on top of engine. Use a larger open end shifter to undo the oil filter cover.
Out with the old filter, neoprene ring on the new one, drop it in, back with the cover, back with the plastic cover, sump plug back in, and in with the oil (6 litres to start with) and away you go for much not much of the hard earned.