Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ABS and standstill burnouts

B

blofly

I have a 171kw S/C V6 VX S pac series 2 and if I try to creep along then touch the brakes just enough to stop the car from accelerating while putting the right boot into it I just crawl along with no wheel spin, but when I take my foot off the brake and keep the right foot where it is I am off and smoking, I will try to see if i can do a standstill on a wet road and will also see what happens with the ABS fuse removed at least that will clear up the guess work

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Captiva (Work Demo)
blofly said:
I have a 171kw S/C V6 VX S pac series 2 and if I try to creep along then touch the brakes just enough to stop the car from accelerating while putting the right boot into it I just crawl along with no wheel spin, but when I take my foot off the brake and keep the right foot where it is I am off and smoking, I will try to see if i can do a standstill on a wet road and will also see what happens with the ABS fuse removed at least that will clear up the guess work

If you cant do a standstill in the dry with a supercharger strapped to it you dont deserve to have a licence.

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
ABS makes no difference...
MY vs 5litre bagged up nicley (abs/irs)
so did my vx 3.8l berlina
and my ssz does it no problem either... takes about 3-4 seconds to turn the 18"s then they would spin all day if i wanted...
Depends on the driver i guess
just make sure traction is turned off..

But a little food for thought th new ssz utes (auto) dont have traction control but if you step on the brake and try to light it up it has a rev limiter at about 2000rpm just sits there doing nothing...
two people i know have them and they are the same....

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I'm so happy right now that I have a VN :)

B

blofly

Infus10n said:
If you cant do a standstill in the dry with a supercharger strapped to it you dont deserve to have a licence.
PHUCK YOU! :rofl: going out right now to see what happens on GRASS!

Stewart1000

work done by ME
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VL twin turbo. VN5L. old jeep, **** mondeo.
yeah bro, VNs are the burnout king, my vl does em easy as piss. no break needed. 2.5" and extractors, 17" running 235 tyres, you'd think i would have trouble but **** she loves burning the rubber, so many nuts on the road...

ok THIS IS TO ANYONE WHO IS HAVING TROUBLE DOING A STANDSTILL (not line locker, line locker is a device that blocks the fluid reaching the breaks) go and find someone who has a VN, ask them if you can do a small burnout to see if your doing ti right, it will probably be an auto so ill do it for auto. put the break all the way to the floor and accelerator all the way to the floow and wait about 5-10 seconds, if they dont spin start to let the break off slowly till they spin. VNs are made for burnouts. if you cant do it then somethgin is seriosulyl wrong with you, or the car, and dont say the car isnt powerfull enough cos it is, my grandpas volswagon can do them and its from the 70s :D ... not good at all tho
and i know people will say dont put the break in all the way, i said that because if you have never dont one before then you don't want anything big to start off with if you dont know what your doing :hit:

EDIT:
btw when doing the above, put it manually into 1st

Stewart1000

work done by ME
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VL twin turbo. VN5L. old jeep, **** mondeo.
blofly said:

bro... your a champ

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Captiva (Work Demo)
blofly said:

I can do a standstill on the grass with my pushbike... try it on some road.

B

blofly

righto I'm back now, the car does them on grass with a sniff of throttle, on the road no chance, lightly touch brakes and floor the accelerator and she revs to 2400-2500rpm and thats it! no spin, I tried it on a smooth painted speed bump and had no problems getting her lit up, one thing I noticed is my single spinner diff turns both wheels in these tests! but around corners only one wheel spins weird huh