Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

AFL - Sledge your opposition.

Who will win the 2012 AFL Premiership?

• Total voters

Burnout124

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S2/ VY SS 6sp
I am an West Coast Eagles supporter ! I go for two teams Eagles and anyone playing the dockers!

JMP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Berlina
The one thing I have to sledge is that Eagles Guernsey yesterday. It looked like the Bulldogs were playing Hawthorn not the Eagles on the TV, even the Eagle on the front looked like a Hawk. I can't get over some of these alternative strips clubs have come out with, the Crows were predominantly white the other day but where is white in the club colors? Surely some teams would look better in their normal colors if they don't clash with the opposition.

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack

the_trademarc

The Cult Of Personality
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Members Ride
E-Series 1 Clubsport R8
So normally I'd avoid threads like this but it must be said.....I think Essendon supporters are the outright most abusive towards Umpires of all teams.....and I've had Collingwood supporters ejected and threaten me outside the G.

I'm a life-long North supporter btw.

On Saturday Night, in the Reserves section, from the first minute is was just non-stop abuse towards the umpires. I don't want to repeat what was said, but a certain less-than-human human made more than the one threat towards Jordan Bannister's life, his wife and even at one stage went to threaten his kids, before someone stopped him.
I turn around at half-time, and the bloke is sitting there with his 2 daughters, wouldn't have been older than 8. He eventually got kicked out by a couple of the older guys in the crowd who'd had enough.

I don't see what people have to gain in their life by hurling such abuse, I'm willing to bet that they have not umpired a game of Footy in their life.

Twas a bad day to forget the Nano.....never making that mistake again.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Not an easy job to step in to, but think of it this way...coaches never have it easy, usually they are hired after several horrific seasons from a club that is fed up with losing and sacked the previous coach and then the heat is on the new guy. Also how many grand finals have richmond won in your time?, I'm shattered I missed the 80's as hawthorn dominated it, I was born in '88.

Yep, agree in terms of new coaches...I just think Buckley is in a worse than usual position given Collingwood have been there the last two years. I can't recall any clubs that have ditched a coach after back to back GF appearances. Different when you are struggling and change coaches. far less expectation on them.

And Richmond have won 4 flags in "my time" (Born 69) being 69, 73, 74 & 80 although I can only really remember the 1980 thrashing of Collingwood. I was also at the 82 GF to see the team lose by 18 pts to Carlton. That was the game with the streaker !

Interestingly, the same number that Hawthorn have won in "your time".

Another interesting stat...total flags...Richmond 10...Hawthorn 10.

Finally...I believe the Hawks used to have (and sometimes still do) a nickname of the Poos & Wees ! lol

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
Yep, agree in terms of new coaches...I just think Buckley is in a worse than usual position given Collingwood have been there the last two years.

And Richmond have won 4 flags in "my time" (Born 69) being 69, 73, 74 & 80 although I can only really remember the 1980 thrashing of Collingwood. I was also at the 82 GF to see the team lose by 18 pts to Carlton. That was the game with the streaker !

Finally...I believe the Hawks used to have (and sometimes still do) a nickname of the Poos & Wees ! lol

Lol the your time statement wasn't meant in a provocative way it was just shorter than saying since you were born. I just honestly couldn't remember any richmond flags while I"ve been alive. 08 grand final for me was a great day, watched the GF... then went out to my mates 21st the same night where I met my girlfriend, so we won a GF and I got a GF on the same day, now living together.

Also the nickname thing...lol I can't say that I"ve ever heard that nickname but the colours aren't the best, did you name we used to be the mayblooms? yeah tough name bro come at us!! lol.

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
Yep, agree in terms of new coaches...I just think Buckley is in a worse than usual position given Collingwood have been there the last two years. I can't recall any clubs that have ditched a coach after back to back GF appearances. Different when you are struggling and change coaches. far less expectation on them.

Hawthorn are also the most successful club of the last 50 years.

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
Yup, collingwood and carlton like to boast that they have heaps of premierships....congratulations collingwood/carlton...you won premierships 100+ years ago when there was 6 teams and a goat in the competition...must"ve been tough.

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
Also, I'm going to call it now, if hawthorn are undefeated after round 5 (we have a very difficult draw for the first 5 games), I would say that we will finish first at the end of the year. Thoughts? lol (yeah bold claim after 1 round) *checks flame suit is working*