Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Am I right in saying we cannot legally turbo the VF?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
If the car has been modified beyond what’s listed as owner-certifiable, it’s not legally registered.
I’m not stirring any pot, this is just a fact.
You obviously know this & have taken that risk; others may not, and may get slammed due to things they weren’t aware of.

VESSVBLACK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Series 1
Its a real shame Pir4te is banned AGAIN , as I'm sure he could tell you exactly how to get your L77 to 650 hp and 880nm all while returning 7 litres per hundred Ks on E85.;)
And you could cop a lecture on how useless and unnecessary forced induction really is.o_O
In all seriousness , check out Killa Boost manifolds on facebook , plenty of late model commies copping some turbo action.

Pretty sure pir4te could get you that power with his magical exhaust physics

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
There was a little mention that the W407 package would be unlikely to pass emission testing in NSW....I do find this highly unlikely, as it would present so many issues to owners
I'll get mine on a 5-gas analyser and a dyno on the weekend...we'll see how far 'out' a cammed, full system car is....

The whole point of dyno tuning is to ensure cars fuel correctly, remaining close to stoichiometrically sound... as long as the tuner does the job right and the components (cats) etc downstream are appropriate, there would be no issue.

No point speculating, because it doesn't seem like anyone has 'actually' done this. But, I agree with above...if it does not pass emissions, it's a whole lot bigger than me. Considering big houses like Harrop, WSM, Walkinshaw et al, are doing this, legally I'd be so far down the pecking order of names on the inquisitor's list.

I was more pointing out about the W407 package.....I do find it highly unlikely that it would fail any of the testing required to have it legally registered....The ramifications would be wide spread

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
W407 infers a 30% increase in powahz over what Holden could achieve within emissions requirements ...

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Even the HSV 340 couldn't achieve Euro 5 emissions compliance. How is anyone on a post factory, cammed engine, going to achieve what HSV, and Holden couldn't?